BA Intercoolers: Anybody have one?

Westside500

Banned
I have read some about it.. Are they available? Is somebody running one of these units.... I am up in the air about the RJC megacooler... The Precision looks good... Thoughts?

The BA at this point seems to have the lowest intake temps of the bunch of production type I/C's at this point. I would go with the BA.

They seem to have lower temps but it seems that none of the faster TSM cars are running them. Kerney is running the RJC. Roy & Laz are running Cotton's new one. I still haven't really heard of anyone that has changed from one of the above mentioned coolers and picked up any so there may be more to intercooler efficiency than just temps.

S.

They seem to have lower temps but it seems that none of the faster TSM cars are running them. Kerney is running the RJC. Roy & Laz are running Cotton's new one. I still haven't really heard of anyone that has changed from one of the above mentioned coolers and picked up any so there may be more to intercooler efficiency than just temps.

S.

Good point.....

S.

So Sully, what you are really saying here is you are not sure what makes a intercooler efficient, or are you just trying to imply that the BA isn't up to task because it is not on the "faster TSM cars"?

So Sully, what you are really saying here is you are not sure what makes a intercooler efficient, or are you just trying to imply that the BA isn't up to task because it is not on the "faster TSM cars"?

Another good point..

Ted,

I am not implying anything, I know exactly what makes an intercooler efficient, and although I am sure you would love to turn this into another pissing match I have no intention of doing that. The original poster asked for opinions and I offered mine just like you did. And I did it without calling you out, insulting you, saying that you don't know jack **** about Intercoolers or the like.

I did not say the BA isn't up to the task. What I said was that I don't know of anyone that has changed from other coolers to the BA and went faster and that temps are not the only factor that determines an intercooler's efficiency. Maybe you can provide us some examples of those that have gone faster. I just said that I don't know of any.

I will say that I would expect most any cooler that is 5" thick would provide lower temps than one that is less than 3" thick. It is also my opinion that buying an intercooler solely based on temps is just stupid. But that is also just my opinion.

Ted,

I am not implying anything, I know exactly what makes an intercooler efficient, and although I am sure you would love to turn this into another pissing match I have no intention of doing that. The original poster asked for opinions and I offered mine just like you did. And I did it without calling you out, insulting you, saying that you don't know jack **** about Intercoolers or the like.

I did not say the BA isn't up to the task. What I said was that I don't know of anyone that has changed from other coolers to the BA and went faster and that temps are not the only factor that determines an intercooler's efficiency. Maybe you can provide us some examples of those that have gone faster. I just said that I don't know of any.

I will say that I would expect most any cooler that is 5" thick would provide lower temps than one that is less than 3" thick. It is also my opinion that buying an intercooler solely based on temps is just stupid. But that is also just my opinion.

That is true.. Im just trying to keep my options open.. Im not buying a intercooler because " it looks cool" or is "really big!" has to be efficient and make mph. Its seems the Precision is proven.. RJC piece looks nice, but have not heard any performance gains from it.

If I were in the market for a intercooler for a mid to low 9 TSM combo I would go with the BA intercooler.

Many have upgraded their intercoolers over the past year from "The **** " with great success running better times, lower MATS and less carnage.

Ted,

I know of one first hand, but other componets were holding his car back, so I can't say that just a I/C is responsible for his gains. I am not sure who has done a back to back comparison of a RJC/V1/BA/Cottons I/C to date with a well put together combination that could show just what a I/C. change in itself as far as E.T. and MPH goes. The proper probes and sensors can show backpressure and in/out temps of the intercooler and you can get a idea of how the unit works just from that.

What would you be looking for when buying a I/C?

If I were in the market for a intercooler for a mid to low 9 TSM combo I would go with the BA intercooler.

Many have upgraded their intercoolers over the past year from "The **** " with great success running better times, lower MATS and less carnage.

The Who???? ****

Attachments

• t_jack.jpg
    t_jack.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 517
Found some pics of the ba coolers.. looks nice...

Attachments

• 5_1_jpg_w180h240.jpg
    5_1_jpg_w180h240.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 518
  • 6-V2-5-4_1_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    6-V2-5-4_1_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 515
I have one in my car now.New motor is up and running and will have test data soon.

I did run my BA on aother car last year on a 48* day, and it showed no increase in temp started at 49 or so and came down to 48 on a 10.00 car

The same cooler on a car at BG last year never had a temp of over 87*
all week..

Take this for what its worth.But i have no other info to offer other than incredible temp control at this time at a great price
for a great fitting unit