You can type here any text you want

Back from paint.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Butchman

I got my T back from paint this weekend. Those who saw it at the Busse meet saw the damage on the passenger side. I had the entire car painted. It was done at a local shop in Round Lake, IL . It came out great here is a few pics.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 397
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 414
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 400
before pic

Here is a before pic. They did strip the paint. They took the bumpers off and took the glass out.

Attachments

• passfront.jpg
    passfront.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 387
Very Nice

I want to own a silver TR one day. Care to share any info about the car?

I bought it in May from a guy in Palatine. He used it as a daily driver (summer only) and put 50k miles on it. I believe he was the 3rd owner. It came from southern Ohio. It has 97k miles on it, blackout pkg, concert sound, pw windows, air, cruise. The previous owner put a cold air kit, a new powermaster, moser axels, adjustable fuel regulator, and an aftermarket MAF. I had alot of routine maintenance done over the summer such as hoses, air cond recharge, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, rear main seals (neoprene), brake cylinders, and pwr steering pump. I use it a summer pleasure car and I pretty much drive it on weekends. This is the 3rd paint job on the car. The 2nd owner had it rust proofed and under coated. Time for a couple more spins and then it gets put away till spring. I know its early any idea where next years meet will be?

Very Nice!!!!!!!

The Turbo T's painted silver with the black out option sure look great!

Your car looks great. You should drive that thing over to the Mid West Buick challenge next year.

Sooooper nice paint!!!

I bought it in May from a guy in Palatine. He used it as a daily driver (summer only) and put 50k miles on it. I believe he was the 3rd owner. It came from southern Ohio. It has 97k miles on it, blackout pkg, concert sound, pw windows, air, cruise. The previous owner put a cold air kit, a new powermaster, moser axels, adjustable fuel regulator, and an aftermarket MAF. I had alot of routine maintenance done over the summer such as hoses, air cond recharge, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, rear main seals (neoprene), brake cylinders, and pwr steering pump. I use it a summer pleasure car and I pretty much drive it on weekends. This is the 3rd paint job on the car. The 2nd owner had it rust proofed and under coated. Time for a couple more spins and then it gets put away till spring. I know its early any idea where next years meet will be?

The car looks great! A very tasty combo with the blackout.

Yea I was thinking about next year too. Maybe we should kick some location ideas around in a new thread. Probably around Jan. 1 is when parks open up for reservations for next summer. How far would you drive? We've gone to Chicago and to Quad Cities, so I imagine that kinda sets the limits. I think there were 24 cars in QC vs. Busse Woods 54 or so.

Bob

I pm'ed the info to the people that asked above. I didn't want to come off as a commercial. As far as the price like my grandpa used to say thats between them and me. Here is the info on the shop. They do collisions/repairs and complete restorations Thank you for all the nice replies.

A Metal Magic
1327 N Fairfield Rd
Round Lake, IL 60073
(847) 740-6600

Very nice T you have there! They performed a great job on the paint! Have any interior shots to show off?

Here ya go. The interior is in nice shape. Definately shows some wear. The previous owner had the headliner replaced.

Attachments

• interior.JPG
    interior.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 252
  • headliner.JPG
    headliner.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 246
  • dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 247
How much did that put you back money wise. I have to repaint my car after I get a new fender.

That interior looks great! Change the floor mats though, and your golden. :) I'd be a happy man if I owned that.

Back