backfiring

icecold1132

I just got an 87 gn everythings pretty much stock besides a kn air filter and a flowmaster. When i start it up in the morning it runs fine when you put it in drive it shut off start it up once more throw it in drive takes off step on the gas starts poping when it warms up a little bit gets a little bit better build up boost starts poping a lot and backfiring. i replaced coil ignition module and turbo plus a new wastegate :confused: any help would be great

Do you have a scanmaster or any type of scan tool?

+1.. very first mod on car is a scantool. Flowmasters and boosted cars dont work. But thats not causing your current problem.. thats your next problem.

Dont be cheap and buy weird scantool.. you'll be sorry. Dont take car to a mechanic unless he has a scantool that communicates with the Buick. You cannot work or troubleshoot anything without a proper scantool.

Like I said.. first mod is a scanmaster.

Post all your numbers .

TPS, IAC, BL, INT, MAL, AF, CLT, etc.

You post your data, we then can help you find your problem.

#1 What Razor said.
#2..STAY out of the boost til U find out WTF is going on....
#3 A fuel psi gauge is MANDATORY..Right with the scan tool.

I just want to let everyone know that i fix the backfiring it came out to be a miss ajusted cam sensor thank you guys for jumping up to help me.

i really wouldnt be able to work on this car if it wasnt for people on here willing to give me information just reading posts have helped me understand this car so much this website is really the best tool to have for working on this car