You can type here any text you want

Bad bad

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Loswages05

So I has a puff of blue smoke when I start car and idel car started running hot plugs look black and oil is clean so I pulled the driver head and it looks that the other guy I got the car from put s new eng but used old pistons cuz they got hit makes from the old set up my head and valves look good pulling the driver head in the am what ya think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 256
Those are aftermarket pistons with hit marks. I'm guessing the hot running condition was from that one cylinder pumping compression into the cooling system. (made MUCH worse if you still have the clogged up 1/4century year old radiator)

When it comes to these cars "fresh rebuild" = "CORE ENGINE"

Before you get too indepth pulling heads and stuff, put a dial indicator on all 12 lifters and see if the cam is flat. Might save your back a little if the engine just needs to come on out.

Those are aftermarket pistons with hit marks. I'm guessing the hot running condition was from that one cylinder pumping compression into the cooling system. (made MUCH worse if you still have the clogged up 1/4century year old radiator)

Before you get too indepth pulling heads and stuff, put a dial indicator on all 12 lifters and see if the cam is flat. Might save your back a little if the engine just needs to come on out.
Ok will do it has a 4 core in it

A

and I did a block test and all it passed. But guess that dont mean nothing

Block tester you test the water to the radiator for exhaust 02 or something like that my bro did it

You definably had combustion gasses in your cooling system. You can see that by looking at the carbon tracking on the fire ring area.

You definably had combustion gasses in your cooling system. You can see that by looking at the carbon tracking on the fire ring area.
Ya I'm with you on that I'm going to put better springs and new valves seals arp stud kit and steel head gas any thing eles ? Cam is good to

You need to check everything. Those head gaskets should never be used on a turbo engine. They are for a 4" bore engine also. Carbon tracking is no good. Have heads resurfaced and have the machine shop let know how bad they were . If more than .002" I'd pull the engine and go through it. If it got hot enough to warp the heads the block is warped also. The pistons appear to be in backward if that's the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Block tester you test the water to the radiator for exhaust 02 or something like that my bro did it
That's unreliable. The heads have carbon tracking from compression leakage all over them and definitely into the cooling system.

You need to check everything. Those head gaskets should never be used on a turbo engine. They are for a 4" bore engine also. Carbon tracking is no good. Have heads resurfaced and have the machine shop let know how bad they were . If more than .002" I'd pull the engine and go through it. If it got hot enough to warp the heads the block is warped also. The pistons appear to be in backward if that's the passenger side?

That was driver side and never got the car really hot 205 was the most and took it right home they say front and going the right way

Passenger side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
Back