Bad deal from gnloyalty8777, refuses to make it right

Squid4life

Bought a set of Wilwood front brakes from Tyler aka gnloyalty8777. Here is the thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/wilwood-front-brakes.370548/

I didn't pay attention to the instructions conveniently being placed over the rotor on the left... which ended up being rusty. These are brand new, but obviously got wet at some point. My laptop is down right now, so these pics are a lot better than the original ones when they were still attached to the aluminum hubs. This is AFTER trying to clean them up with brake clean. These were to go on my new 87 GN race car of which I would never put used crappy parts on. Do brake rotors on daily driver cars get a little rust on them? Sure, but not this bad, and THESE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN NEW CONDITION!

Here is our PM conversation: (bold is me, italics is him)

"Hey man, I got the brakes today and am not really that happy about the deal. The smooth rotors that are mounted to the center pieces are rusted pretty bad. Your pic on the thread doesn't really show it, you have the instructions on top of the rusted rotor. If I had seen them, I probably would have tried to get you to keep them, or take some money off because they are no good to me, or I probably wouldn't have bought them. I don't mean to be a dick, but would you mind crediting back $ for those rotors? I will send them back to you if need be, but I have no use for them. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

James"

"Dude they were like that when i got them plus its not that big a deal. You just clean them up with parts cleaner. Go to any car lot and you will see cars with brake rotors with rust on them. You got a killer deal cause i paid over 650 for the kit when i bought it from another board member and another 150 for the extra rotors so i'm sorry dude cause i couldn't use them either."

"Really, that's it? "that's how I got them and couldn't use them either so, sorry about your bad luck" basically? Parts cleaner isn't going to clean them up, and I don't really want to put rusty crap parts on my car. Makes no difference what you paid, or what kind of deal it was, you were not upfront about the rust or condition of the parts.

That's it, you are not going to do anything to make it right?"

HERE I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT:

"What do you want me to do. I really dont want any hard feelings. What do you think a fair price to take them back is. $50 bucks?"

But, he has never answered any PM's since then. I have attempted to contact him at least 5 times. I even offered to split the shipping cost sending them back to him.

This is BS, and not the kind of person you need to be buying parts from. He seems to sell A LOT of stuff on here too, so be careful.

brakes 2.jpg
brakes 1.jpg

And here is the pic from his ad, in case you don't feel like clicking the link. Directions placed over the rustier of the two rotors...

willwood5.jpg

they look fine to me. i have pulled cars out of peoples yards that sat there for 2-4 years and the rotors are all rusty and they come back and work fine. unless your building some kind of show car i wouldnt worry about it because they are gonna rust up anyway. you probably should of ask for some close up pics or just bought new parts. im not on anybodys side here just giving you my opinion.

I agree, they are not horrible. But, they are not in new condition as they were supposed to be. He also handled this situation in a bad way.

If I sold something knowing it was rusty or not perfect, and did not disclose it, I'd feel like an ass. Then, if they were not satisfied there is no way I could say "oh well, too bad". It's just not right; not the way to do business or treat others in this community. Maybe that's just me.

Maybe I could get them turned, but I probably won't even mess with them. Not sure I trust Pep Boys with brakes like these... They look like they'd mount the same on the spindle of the machine, but there is no gap between the rotor surface and the hub, so not sure how it would work.