You can type here any text you want

Baer Rear Disk brakes - What wheels fit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have Baer's sttreet rear disk brakes (Sport?) and want to purchase some 15" diameter x 10" wide wheels to mound MT DR's. What wheel will clear the brakes?
Hot Air
North CArolina

I have Baer's sttreet rear disk brakes (Sport?) and want to purchase some 15" diameter x 10" wide wheels to mound MT DR's. What wheel will clear the brakes?
Hot Air
North CArolina
The "Sport" system has since been discontinued and was their entry level system and their smallest.. If your planning on using "Stock" wheels it will fit! Now if your going with an aftermarket wheel and messing with Back spacing I suggest calling BAER dirrectly and asking them. They are very helpfull...

The Baer SERIOUS STREET brake system is designed to fit within the smaller period-correct wheels popular on 60's and 70's muscle cars, such as '67 to '72 A-bodies and '67 to '69 F-bodies and '78-'88 G-Body (Monte, Regal, Cutlass, Malibu ect) (as well as selected X-body applications).

Scot W.

The Baer "Sport" rear system that I have on my car uses a 12" rotor.
It is not their smallest system (they also have 11" and 11 5/8" rotors)
The Sport system does not fit most 15" wheels. Do give Baer a call to verify.

The Baer "Sport" rear system that I have on my car uses a 12" rotor.
It is not their smallest system (they also have 11" and 11 5/8" rotors)
The Sport system does not fit most 15" wheels. Do give Baer a call to verify.
He also has a "?" after the word Sport so this indicated to me that he really don't know which one it is, I guess all he would have to do is simply measure the rotor and post the size and that would explain everything if 15" wheels would fit or not...

to get technical here it is:

* Serious street set up = 11" rotors / 2-PCG calipers / Part numbers 4301108- Drop spindles & 4301036- OEM spindles TEXT- The Baer SERIOUS STREET brake system is designed to fit within the smaller period-correct wheels popular on 60's and 70's muscle cars, such as '67 to '72 A-bodies and '67 to '69 F-bodies and '78-'88 G-Body (Monte, Regal, Cutlass, Malibu ect) (as well as selected X-body applications). Featuring 2-Piston aluminum calipers and 1-Piece, 11" cross-drilled, slotted and zinc-washed rotors, they jazz up the looks of these older street machines while delivering the much needed braking performance of today's technology. SERIOUS STREET brake systems fit within virtually all 15" wheels

* Sport set up ...........= 12" rotors / PBR 1-PCG And here is the text- Baer Claw® SPORT brake systems are designed to fit many late-model domestic and import vehicles running 16" OE wheels. Because of its great street performance and control, the SPORT system is also the rule-specified standard for SCCA's A-sedan competition. Featuring 2-Piston aluminum calipers and 1-Piece, 12" performance rotors, they fill out open-wheel packages and deliver serious stopping power! Cross-drilled, slotted and zinc-washed rotor surfaces are standard with a plain, smooth surface available upon request. Fits some 15", many 16" wheels.

HOT AIR - Just measure your rotors and if they are 11" rotors they will fit with 15" wheels!
Scot W.

I have the Baer Touring rear disk brake w/single PBR caliper.
Rotor is 12" diameter x 0.81" thick.
P/N D8GG-10600-5DN

Conrad

FWIW,
I e-mailed Rick Elam (Baer) and he sent me a template to check wheel clearance. Trouble is I have to physically have a wheel to confirm fitment. It doesn't help much if you haven't already bought the wheel. He did tell me that the 15" Billet Specialties Streetlites will not clear.

If someone has another 15" wheel laying around, I can e-mail the template to them to check clearance.
Conrad

Back