You can type here any text you want

Bailey 2 step inconsistent

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sackracing

Staff member
Observations from testing Friday night:

Had the launch rpm set at 4000, and I was hitting 4600-4800.

Turned it down, since the track was crap that night. Set a 3000, I was hitting 3400 on limiter.

Is this normal? I can adjust accordingly, but it kinda seems to be trial and error.

what are you measuring your RPM with?

what are your switch settings?

You are always going higher than your setpoint?

No, its not normal.

Bob

I have seen them to be pretty accurate. Maybe one of the dip switches isn't switched all the way.

I'm going off what the XFI is showing me on the data log.
I have double double checked the switches.
It is always going high, and it seems to go higher in proportion to what it is set at.

On one of my logs from Norwalk, with dips set at 4K, it was bouncing between 4400-4850.

That's not right. It almost sounds like it's setup for a V8. Although, 4000 would be 5300+. I would suggest returning it for another one

Hi Bob i have a replacement stand alone engine harness from caspers in my 87 t type which plugged into the b2b fast system i now have a caspers adapter harness from the b2b to the xfi do you have a wiring diagram for this correct install.Thank you. for your 2 step.

Hi Bob i have a replacement stand alone engine harness from caspers in my 87 t type which plugged into the b2b fast system i now have a caspers adapter harness from the b2b to the xfi do you have a wiring diagram for this correct install.Thank you. for your 2 step.

contact me directly, I need more information on the standalone harness.

email is bob@bailey-eng.com

Bob

On one of my logs from Norwalk, with dips set at 4K, it was bouncing between 4400-4850.

where is the ground wire connected?

what are the switches set to?

Anything unusual about your ignition setup, harnesses, hotwire kits, etc.

Recheck which fuse you plugged it into, and which way it is oriented.

How are you triggering the system, which wire are you triggering?

what are the LEDs doing when triggered, and on the limiter?

Have you tested it in neutral/park?

Bob

It's grounded to the metal in the dash
Switches are set according to the directions I got from Cal, I can't verify right now because I'm storing the car somewhere else right now
It's a casper's custom replacement wiring harness, regular ignition, no hotwire kit
It's in the right fuse block and is turned the way it calls for in the directions
I'm triggering the wire it called for in the directions with 12 volts. The trans brake feeds 12 volts to a terminal block and I'm feeding the two step, an ams 1000 and the pa enable input on the XFI with the same signal
Both leds are lit when it is triggered
I've only tried it in drive while at the track

Switches are set according to the directions I got from Cal, I can't verify right now because I'm storing the car somewhere else right now

If you bought it from us, give me a call and I will swap it out.

I did, but the box it came in is buried in a POD right now. I'm in the middle of moving.

Cal, I'd like to swap this out before BPG, or can I buy another one before then? I need it this Friday to make some NHRA licensing runs, then I'll park the car until I leave for Ohio.

I've also been having a problem with the car falling on it's face after launching when I drop the rev limiter down below 4000. Last Friday it didn't stop until I took the dips up to 4300.

Cal, I'd like to swap this out before BPG, or can I buy another one before then? I need it this Friday to make some NHRA licensing runs, then I'll park the car until I leave for Ohio.

I've also been having a problem with the car falling on it's face after launching when I drop the rev limiter down below 4000. Last Friday it didn't stop until I took the dips up to 4300.

I've also been having a problem with the car falling on it's face after launching when I drop the launch rev limiter down below 4000. Last Friday it didn't stop until I took the dips up to 4300.

Back