You can type here any text you want

Balancer trigger wheel R&R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
Has anyone been successful in removing the trigger wheel from a broken or damaged balancer and swapping it over to a N/A one?
What was the procedure you used?

The procedure I use is to send both balancers to TA Performance to change the wheel using their special tooling for removing the wheel, indexing and re-installing it.

Or you can try to remove it with some bolts and brackets, and press it on the other balancer. :)

You can't easily press the ring onto an NA balancer. You would need to turn the area where the ring presses on. Replacing the balancer is easier. $75 to the lower 48 if you need one

Nick: I didnt know TA had that service. I have a cracked turbo one right down the keyway slot; and a real nice N/A balancer I was thinking if I cut the old balancer up to get it off and oven heat the trigger wheel to expand the ID it would be easier to install. But indexing would have been eyeballing.....
Bison: I dont need one, but rather have a spare by combining the two and have less volume of crap in the garage.

87GNSteve said:
Nick: I didnt know TA had that service. I have a cracked turbo one right down the keyway slot; and a real nice N/A balancer I was thinking if I cut the old balancer up to get it off and oven heat the trigger wheel to expand the ID it would be easier to install. But indexing would have been eyeballing.....
Bison: I dont need one, but rather have a spare by combining the two and have less volume of crap in the garage.
For the cost and aggravation it's not worth it IMO. I have access to a machine shop and I still wouldnt bother.

Back