You can type here any text you want

bearings for eagle crank?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

well i got my eagle crank in yesterday. its pretty slick looking. i did notice how the journals are, where they meet the counterweight. the fillet radii. anyway the question is what beraings are people running on these cranks? it would have to have a fairly decent chamfer on the sides as not to have a clearance problem. anybody using coated bearings? thanks jeremy

i am not talking about what the rolled fillets on the stock crank look like. maybe they are called something else. but from what i saw it looks like a chamfered bearing will be needed. i am not sure though. any insight?

if you use wide journal bearings, the bearings must be chamfered. narrow journal bearings fit fine.

I have used wide journal bearings with no issues as far as chamfeing goes BUT I have seen subtle differences in just about every Eagle crank so definately check them! In street / strip engines, I use the F-M 7120

EightSecV6 said:
I have used wide journal bearings with no issues as far as chamfeing goes BUT I have seen subtle differences in just about every Eagle crank so definately check them! In street / strip engines, I use the F-M 7120
Whats the width of the journals or how do i know witch journal i have (wide or narrow)?any info is appericiated.

Under Pressure said:
Whats the width of the journals or how do i know witch journal i have (wide or narrow)?any info is appericiated.

The Eagle cranks are "narrow" journal but just like the factory crank, a wide journal bearing fits with no issues.

Bill any thing special for the mains & what bearings do you use ...Kings?

getchasum said:
Bill any thing special for the mains & what bearings do you use ...Kings?

I use King and Federal Mogul depends on the application. The mains need work on either set.

what kind of work do you mean? and also can you be more specific on the appliocation comment. what about for a tsm car? thanks, jeremy

Back