Beehive spring height settings for Rev X 206/210 cam?

Tim Cucci

Can some one help me with the correct installed spring height for the Beehive PAC 26215 Springs that came in the Rev X 206/210 Roller Kit with the +50 locks and Ported iron 8445 heads with SS valves.
Been calling Full Throttle for 2 Days now and can't get anybody. My machinist is ready to assemble the heads.
Thanks

Can some one help me with the correct installed spring height for the Beehive PAC 26215 Springs that came in the Rev X 206/210 Roller Kit with the +50 locks and Ported iron 8445 heads with SS valves.
Been calling Full Throttle for 2 Days now and can't get anybody. My machinist is ready to assemble the heads.
Thanks

I don't know of a CompCam valvespring part# 26215?? :confused: Are you sure they're not either the part# 26915 or part# 26918 springs? With those the CompCam recommended installed height is 1.800".

K.

Thanks

I saw a thread where Mike had 2 real close relatives die or were about to die.... he said he would be out for a short while. Have you tried his message board? Bob Bailey is taking up Mike's tech support slack... if I read correctly. You can find him here as well.... TurboBob I believe.

We need to keep Mike and his family in our prayers.

I don't know of a CompCam valvespring part# 26215?? :confused: Are you sure they're not either the part# 26915 or part# 26918 springs? With those the CompCam recommended installed height is 1.800".

K.

I am running 26918. I never got to 1.800... I am running 1.750 or thereabouts.... gives a little more seat pressure.... got to check coil bind though....

I am running 26918. I never got to 1.800... I am running 1.750 or thereabouts.... gives a little more seat pressure.... got to check coil bind though....

There are quite a few variables involved with spring height. Tim mentioned he has +.050 locks which should help to get him closer. Depending on the valve job and how much it sinks the valve in the seat, or whether you cut the spring pad or not as well. You can also order a taller valve if you know you'll need a higher installed height. That's what we do with Ferrea... ;)

K.

Sorry about the part number being incorrect.
The correct number is PAC-1218. These are not Comp Cam springs they are PAC springs. This is the way they are listed on the receipt from FT.
The PAC website list this spring at 1.8 install height and 130 lb. pressure.
I wanted to give my machinist the correct info. Actually the machine shop just requested the Spring Part Number but I figured I better confirm this info first.

My bad....

I thought he was asking what installed height he should tell his machinist to try to get.

I agree there are many factors that influence the installed height... and one must actually measure it to determine what the installed height is.

IMHO, the installed height needs to be close to 1.800... but not less than a comfortable distance away from coilbind with the chosen cam/rocker setup.....(a machinist can tell you what distance is "comfortable"). Then you measure what seat load you have with a spring tester... and see if the cam/lifter combo can live with that seat pressure.

I'm running 1.75 installed height.... on a 210/215 HR cam from Full Throttle......this should be around 145 lbs on the seat.... some will say that is too much.... I am counting on the springs to settle in after some running at a slightly lower seat pressure..... I'd like to end up between 135 and 140..... guess only time will tell.

enough rambling....

Good luck. I really like these springs.