You can type here any text you want

Beehive spring installed height?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

Does anybody know the installed height for the behive springs that come with the rollerkits, I do not have a part number because the springs came in the kit from FT and it was not in the original package.

I have already put them on and rotated the engine, everything looks good as far as movement and no coil bind but I wanted to double check.

The beehives I got from Full Throttle are PAC 1218 springs...on FTs website it also lists those springs in their roller kits.
http://www.racingsprings.com/PDF/RS2009CAT.PDF
The spring specs are listed on pg 4.

Using the recommended retainers and locks from FT, the installed heights on my heads came in between 1.720-1.750 (no shims). Even though the recommended installed height is 1.800...from what I've read the slight increase in seat pressure from the shorter heights should not be a problem.

Same thing here. Mine came in around 1.75 instead of 1.80 but Mike at FT told me this was what he recommended (1.75).
MH

Well I left the the shims that were on it from the flat tappet cam.....I did not measure them but My total installed height came in right at .174.

Thanks Guys!

Back