You can type here any text you want

Before Black Turbo Buick emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is the emblem/sticker from the carb elbow on the 1978-1981 turbo V6s. (This is reproduction available on ebay.)

View attachment 214192
Good to know this is being reproduced. I got one of these off eBay for minimum bid but been afraid to waste it on something. Was thinking of scanning the image. Pretty sure mines not repro as it looks like its been laying around awhile lol

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392582535.066304.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392582553.783295.jpg

These are the fender emblems on a 83 T Type. The "T" is straight, not slanted like other years. The V6 logo was used in '82 and '83. It has a quirk in that the arrow goes behind the 6. Most other logos have the arrow in front.

View attachment 214194
Both of my 84s have the 6 logos on them as well. I'm not particularly fond of them and would take them off if it weren't for possible paint fade/damage. The 2 off my parts car are kinda rough and I think they'll make great key chains with a hole drilled in them (wouldn't do that to nice ones).
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392583070.529337.jpg

Last edited:
Hey John,
Your other order of custom emblems are machining as I type this. Getting close...

Good to know this is being reproduced. I got one of these off eBay for minimum bid but been afraid to waste it on something. Was thinking of scanning the image. Pretty sure mines not repro as it looks like its been laying around awhile lol

I've never seem a separate part number for those decals. I bought mine a long time ago at a swap meet. But I'm sure mine was a repro since the guy was selling hundreds of different decals. They have reproduce the 82/83 decal as well that goes on the chrome elbow. Those are on ebay as well. But they have an error to them - the black shadow in the picture is part of the label and needs to be trimmed off.

77bb_12.JPG

Well for 7 bucks shipped I don't feel bad either way.

I got a buddy with one of the chrome hats and we were wondering what cars had chrome.

Sport Coupe emblem from a Regal. I believe the same emblem was used from 1978-82 and the fender & decklid emblems were the same.

View attachment 214511
I've got two of those for my '81 and I'm still looking for one more, (found one NOS on Ebay but the seller wants something like $50.00 not including shipping....yous guys know how cheap I am so that aint gonna happen). Anybody have one at a sane price give me a holler.

I've got two of those for my '81 and I'm still looking for one more, (found one NOS on Ebay but the seller wants something like $50.00 not including shipping....yous guys know how cheap I am so that aint gonna happen). Anybody have one at a sane price give me a holler.
I'll make you a stainless one for $200...or maybe $50 for a perfect original emblem isn't so bad after all. A 33 year old piece of plastic that fades, cracks, or just falls off after while...if you have a chance to get one that rare...grab it.

I'll make you a stainless one for $200...or maybe $50 for a perfect original emblem isn't so bad after all. A 33 year old piece of plastic that fades, cracks, or just falls off after while...if you have a chance to get one that rare...grab it.

I'm aware of your ingenious talent, (your price is fair), but you're way out of my league. I disagree with the plastic endurance, (considering that mine are that old and they look well enough). I like the original look. As far as the Ebay price, I've seen them go for cheaper but they are not NOS. They're infrequent, but they show up once in a while. Thanks....I'll find one old one eventually. :)

I'm aware of your ingenious talent, (your price is fair), but you're way out of my league. I disagree with the plastic endurance, (considering that mine are that old and they look well enough). I like the original look. As far as the Ebay price, I've seen them go for cheaper but they are not NOS. They're infrequent, but they show up once in a while. Thanks....I'll find one old one eventually. :)
I was just pulling your leg...trying to point out that rare original items are not falling out of trees, and replacing them might be way more costly down the road. People that took care of their cars, left us nice vehicles to enjoy today...not always the case. Most of our cars were beat up on. Your car is even more rare.

Attachments

• buick 007.jpg
    buick 007.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 74
Back