You can type here any text you want

Belt Slap False Knock Retard?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
When my belt was having issues (pulley alignment) I never saw any KR readings on the ScanMaster. Instead, I thought I heard knock at WOT with the windows down but none of the gauges showed anything.

My belt ended up squeaking badly; I found the alignment issue and fixed it, no problems since.

I had some false knock issues with a wore out tensioner,that could have been the same thing.
(I believe the correct term is "mentally deficient")

I have had belt slap that i thought was a bad tensioner but ended up being alt bearings. It caused alot of ruckus but no kr.

Steve, you running stock or a little shorter belt?

RL
Had a 635 on it. Pretty old circa 2006 or so, a bit glossy. New one is on the way from rockauto. Tensioner feels OK (smooth spring action) but maybe it's weak? Might also try a 630 belt.

I can hear something slapping on hard accel. Getting little bits of KR (1.1 degree, 0.7 degree) that seem to be related to the sound. Car is detuned to avoid KR and plugs agree, very clean porcelains.

BEATAV8 said:
Had a 635 on it. Pretty old circa 2006 or so, a bit glossy. New one is on the way from rockauto. Tensioner feels OK (smooth spring action) but maybe it's weak? Might also try a 630 belt.

The 630 belt works sometimes. The 635 is the most common one I've used over the years though.

Back