Belt squeal

IrvJr

Everytime i turn on my AC, the belt starts to squeal. Its a new belt, new AC comp, new water pump, new tensioner pulley and new alternator. When i watch the belt with the hood open and engine running, the belt seems loose. And when i rev the engine and let off the belt looks like its going to jump off. Could this be the tensioner going bad? It is original with 140,xxx miles.

Scott

what belt are u using it needs to be 1616mm long i got a bad belt last week it was only 1640 long sliped bad and made the tensioner hit the compressor check your belt

george

Its the shorter belt, i think the TTA belt. The pulley used to hit the compressor bolt, but now it is just close to it.

Scott

it realy should not be close at all it should have at least a 1 inch gap with the tta belt
george

Im not positive, its been a while since i bought the belt. But i do have the sleeve that came on it, just in case i needed the part number. Does anyone know the part number for the TTA belt? But its not the original belt because that one hit. It is close to the ac compressor, less than an inch with the engine off. If the tensioner was weak, would it make the belt jump like it does and run closer to the compressor? It seems it would be farther away from the compressor if the tensioner was bad.

Thanks, Scott