You can type here any text you want

BELT TENSIONER SQUEAK

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

I'm just starting to hear a chirp coming from the tensioner. I think I bought this one just before GM discontinued making them. I can see it jumping slightly like maybe the brg is sticking. What is everyone doing to fix these now that they are not available? Thanks

paul

Mine was doing the same thing last week so I looked at my belt it was good I just took it off went to AutoZone and bought me a shorter belt like a inche shorter problem fixed
I'm guessing these cheap belts stretch quickly

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm just starting to hear a chirp coming from the tensioner. I think I bought this one just before GM discontinued making them. I can see it jumping slightly like maybe the brg is sticking. What is everyone doing to fix these now that they are not available? Thanks

paul
203FF is the bearing number. It's the same bearing used in the back of the generator. Knock the old one out and install the new one with a socket and an extension and a hammer.

Mine was doing the same thing last week so I looked at my belt it was good I just took it off went to AutoZone and bought me a shorter belt like a inche shorter problem fixed
I'm guessing these cheap belts stretch quickly

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Same here. Check where the tensioner is in the wear indicator band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the only belt to use.
https://www.amazon.com/Continental-...e=UTF8&qid=1507077440&sr=1-1&keywords=4060635

The last 3 numbers tell us the length of the belt. 63.5"
The Dayco number that the parts stores sell for the GN is 5060640. It's 64"
If you have a 64" long belt,it is known to cause problems and did for me.
Again,theres no other belt that compares to the Continental/Goodyear Gatorback above.
85% of my latest squeal was eliminated with this belt. The other 25% was cured with the bearing I posted earlier.

Do you by chance have the P/N of the correct one and not the Chinese junk? Thanks

Paul

image.jpeg
Here is how to solve your problem.

Wow, for 300.00 I think I would go with the bearing. Nice piece but not for the money.
paul

Wow, for 300.00 I think I would go with the bearing. Nice piece but not for the money.
paul
There at be some better pricing on that part...
However, the 300 is not so bad, once one considers a good used stocker may sell for near that. And, still cough it up, in the next few miles...

Just sayin'..:smuggrin:

Back