You can type here any text you want

Bent intake valve pushrods.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

juan89

I need help in figuring out what happened to my pushrods.
I have champion ported irons with ATR roller valve springs and a ruggles 206/206 billet cam.
I also have harland sharpe roller rockers.

I was doing some testing with my corvette hybrid and I got on it on a strech of road.
In about 50 feet the tires broke loose and I belive that I over rev it and floated the valves .
It just shut off and bent all of the intake pushrods.
I looked at the exhaust pushrods and they are perfectly straight.
The valves seem to be okay. They do not look bent.
I was thinking that maybe I need stronger springs or a rev limiter.

Regards,
Juan

Juan,

It's hard to bend pushrods without some kind of mechanical interference. If you have the heads off make sure there aren't wittness marks on the pistons where the valves made contact. You should problably check to see what coil bind on the springs and if you have adequate retainer to guide clearance also.

Neal

You said the valves seem to be OK...I would do a leakdown to make sure...

It looks like I bent all of the exhaust valves and pushrods not the intakes.
I am going to have to check the timing chain.

I found the problem .
It was the Cloyes/ Autozone powdermetal timing gear.

Gear.JPG

Regards,
Juan

The timing gear broke first. It was showing timing chain wear on the teeth at only 110 miles.

was the broken timing gear the problem or just a symptom of something else?
Its possible it was the problem. How loose was the chain? Was the crank and cam gear lined up?

send me pics of the cam cards and ill advise on springs. Id go with a rollmaster timing set in the future. It has a billet cam gear and it wont wear or fail like that one. I may have what you need here. I have a few new rollmaster sets here but idk what size you need.

Back