Best 6x9's

check out CDT
No disrespect, but I disagree - CDT's performance just doesn't match their appearance and packaging in the box...

To the OP: I'm assuming these speakers are for the stock location on the rear deck, and not a custom setup with 6x9's in the doors? If so, you should not be looking at "the best" because rear speakers are for rear fill. Many high-end SQ cars don't even use rear speakers in their competition setups because it screws up the sound imaging.

Now, for an everyday driver, rear speakers are nice for the added sound. With that said, I would put nothing more than a middle-of-the-road speaker back there. Take the $$ difference and spend that much more on the front setup+amp. If you were planning on running everything off the headunit, take the extra money and buy an amp to power the fronts because it will make a night and day difference...then use the headunit for the rears only.

Or, take the extra money and buy a new headunit. I personally like Kenwood the best, but Alpine and Pioneer Premier are very good as well. Although this will not be as good as running an amp to a good pair of fronts, the headunit still plays the most important role of a system because it is the "brain." A good headunit with the ability to adjust EQ settings and such plays the same role as a Scanmaster - if you plan to change ANYTHING from stock, you need it :wink: