Best Aftermarket Bumper Fillers?

Just bought the Gbody parts fiberglass rear fillers for $191 delivered. Pretty easy to install.Other than drilling the holes,no major drama. Trial fitted them,and then they got some paint. I am pretty happy with them.

"with the rears you can make them seamless at the point where they come together"

Maybe if there's enough demand, that Danko could fabricate the rears in ONE PIECE?? It shouldn't be very complicated for them to do that...:wink:

Claude. :)

Maybe if there's enough demand, that Danko could fabricate the rears in ONE PIECE?? It shouldn't be very complicated for them to do that...:wink:

Claude. :)

It would be nice, but probably wont happen.

My .02cents. Fiberglass is the way to go. The fillers we sell do require mounting holes to be drilled, BUT they are already marked from the supplier with a dipple, so its a no brainer.

That looks great Spoolfool2 :cool:

There's no way fiberglass is gonna last as long as OEM on a daily driver in all climates, excepting those cars living in climate controlled garages. ;)

Assuming Danko's fiberglass is about as cheesy as Kenne Bells air dams and judging by the pictures they appear to be. :p

Just my .02, but if they fit better out of the box I need a set of them anyway. :biggrin:

Heat and cold definately affects thin fiberglass parts over the years.

There's no way fiberglass is gonna last as long as OEM on a daily driver in all climates, excepting those cars living in climate controlled garages. ;)

Assuming Danko's fiberglass is about as cheesy as Kenne Bells air dams and judging by the pictures they appear to be. :p

Just my .02, but if they fit better out of the box I need a set of them anyway. :biggrin:

I dont care what you say about Danko, BUT never say anything bad about Kenne Bells Airdams EVER AGAIN!!!!:mad::rolleyes::tongue: Also FWIW the fillers arent that thin.

I dont care what you say about Danko, BUT never say anything bad about Kenne Bells Airdams EVER AGAIN!!!!:mad::rolleyes::tongue: Also FWIW the fillers arent that thin.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

And by the way, what is wrong with the ABS fillers? I bought my brother a rear set, they fit great on his '87 Regal, and I just bought him a front set for Christmas. Not installed yet, but they look teriffic. What's wrong with the ABS?

Shame, shame what you said about the KenneBell Airdams. I have one of those on my '87 Grand National...looks absolutley boss, smooth as a baby's ass, and the one on DaillyDrifter's '87 Turbo looks great! I wrote and told him so. It's beautiful, the one he has. Goes perfect with his car! The one DJ Red Barron has looks just menacing as hell on his blacked out Grand National!! Real slick and boss! So watch it there, there's nothing cheezy about these air dams. You must have seen a bad one somewhere. They are higly sought after now. So me, Daily Drifter, and DJ lucked out getting them when we could. These dams look like they came from the factory...the option GM forgot.;)

Bruce '87 Grand National

"These dams look like they came from the factory...the option GM forgot.;)"

Bruce '87 Grand National

You could say that they're "DAM" nice!...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Claude. :biggrin:

P.S: About the fillers personally, I'd choose fiberglass over ABS plastic. The rear ones (fiberglass) can be "molded together" more easier to make them one piece, which I doubt can be done right with ABS...:rolleyes:

You could say that they're "DAM" nice!...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Claude. :biggrin:

P.S: About the fillers personally, I'd choose fiberglass over ABS plastic. The rear ones (fiberglass) can be "molded together" more easier to make them one piece, which I doubt can be done right with ABS...:rolleyes:

I just KNEW someone would come up that line...:rolleyes::D Good one, Claude. You belong on Jay Leno!:cool:

Well, my brother just overlapped the rear ABS fillers, as he just wanted the stock overlap like the original GN and Turbos came with. I agree with you that they can't be filled in like the fiberglass...but, is there anything wrong or bad about the ABS fillers? That's all I want to know...I may, in the future get a rear set for my '87 GN if they ever crack (they are the original painted black, still flexible) but sooner or later they'll have to be replaced. Any major drawbacks to using ABS? I personally don't care about the rear overlap. I agree with the others here about their use of fiberglass fillers. But it does seem that the ABS would hold up a long time. If it were humainly possible and incredible, I would go with original rubber rear fillers. But they are up in the "Hope Diamond" price range now. Absolutely rediculous.

Bruce '87 Grand National

And by the way, what is wrong with the ABS fillers? I bought my brother a rear set, they fit great on his '87 Regal, and I just bought him a front set for Christmas. Not installed yet, but they look teriffic. What's wrong with the ABS?

Shame, shame what you said about the KenneBell Airdams. I have one of those on my '87 Grand National...looks absolutley boss, smooth as a baby's ass, and the one on DaillyDrifter's '87 Turbo looks great! I wrote and told him so. It's beautiful, the one he has. Goes perfect with his car! The one DJ Red Barron has looks just menacing as hell on his blacked out Grand National!! Real slick and boss! So watch it there, there's nothing cheezy about these air dams. You must have seen a bad one somewhere. They are higly sought after now. So me, Daily Drifter, and DJ lucked out getting them when we could. These dams look like they came from the factory...the option GM forgot.;)

Bruce '87 Grand National

I bought my T-type with the KB on. I think thats the only reason why I bought it.

Also the KB's arent that flimsy, until you whack something on the road, the factory GM airdams are flimsier than the KB's too. Bruce I'm sendin you a PM on an unrelated issue :rolleyes:.

Sorry for Hi-jacking but I just got a little "worked up" over someone saying KB's were chessy :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Mine lasted about two years less than the stock bumper fillers. :p

I guess that's not too cheesy, along with about 160K miles on it.

Gonna go with the fiberglass ones since I now know they are thicker than a KB highly desirable airdam. :biggrin:

DSC00133.jpg

Mine lasted about two years less than the stock bumper fillers. :p

I guess that's not too cheesy, along with about 160K miles on it.

Gonna go with the fiberglass ones since I now know they are thicker than a KB highly desirable airdam. :biggrin:

DSC00133.jpg

Did you hit something? It looks tweaked somehow in the duct.

Snow rocks tires curbs you name it, it's the daily driver. :)

Wish I had a side pic. for ya! :eek:

It's long gone and in a landifll somewhere now. :(

Bolt holes needed large washers to mount it and hold what was left of the fiberglass. ;)

It was a good part, never saw a garage, and saw lots of snow and even water via a tornado in 1988. Right after I installed it.

Hmmm, lasted one only year less than the stock bumper fillers, I lied. :eek:

The cheesy plastic hose it had on it didn't last more than 15 however. :p

Don't need that with a cold air kit. :cool:

front GM fillers install pics on 86 GN with 25k miles

Attachments

• 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 305
I put a factory GM filler on the front and it fit perfectly.

The rears I got from Kirban's... and no offense to Dennis, but they fit and look like crap. Thin flimsy material and don't match the body lines at all. One was already split and cracked... but it was behind the bumper and wouldn't be seen anyway.

I wish I had opened the box before I left his shop with them. Had I done that, I would have left without them.

My stock ones were pretty much gone... so I put the junk ones on because it was better than nothing.

I REALLY wish someone would reproduce rear fillers with the same fit and finish as the OEM fillers. :rolleyes:

I put a factory GM filler on the front and it fit perfectly.

The rears I got from Kirban's... and no offense to Dennis, but they fit and look like crap. Thin flimsy material and don't match the body lines at all. One was already split and cracked... but it was behind the bumper and wouldn't be seen anyway.

I wish I had opened the box before I left his shop with them. Had I done that, I would have left without them.

My stock ones were pretty much gone... so I put the junk ones on because it was better than nothing.

I REALLY wish someone would reproduce rear fillers with the same fit and finish as the OEM fillers. :rolleyes:

Actually Richard Clark is working on doing NOS style fillers for the rear. I let him know that the fronts are now discontinued as well. We have some original GM front Driver Side in stock but that is it.

Alan been running Fiber glass fillers on my 86GN since 98. Been selling them for that long as well. Only time you see glass ones cracked is when people have ice between the bumpers & try to remove then they crack. I bet the factory would do the same. You can repair the glass units though ;)

BTW your brake set up is leaving today as well.

Actually Richard Clark is working on doing NOS style fillers for the rear. I let him know that the fronts are now discontinued as well. We have some original GM front Driver Side in stock but that is it.

That's fantastic news Brian... can't wait to see them. If they are the same fit and finish as OEM, I suspect you'll be selling a crapload of them. :cool:

I'm glad I bought two GM fronts when I did. How long before the front airdams will be discontinued? Anybody making factory replacements yet?