You can type here any text you want

Best chip 91 octane and Alky??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

undadogg

Good chips 91 octane and Alky??

Who burns good chips for the 91 octane guys?? My combo is listed below. I need a new chip for the ALKY ;) system that should be here in a week or so. Also how much should i expect to pay?? thanks

thanks turbo2112 that's the second time i heard his name he must be pretty good!! Is he who most of the guys runnin alky use??

http://midwestracing.hostin.com/alcohol.htm

Summer of '00 I changed over to a SMC Enterprises alchy kit. I've been trying to set my car up so I can pretty much tune everything inside the car. This kit allowed me to do just that. All of the tuning controls are mounted inside the car. Alchy on boost setting, alchy spray setting, test spray button, low alchy warning light, armed light, and spray on light. This makes tuning really easy as you drive. The kit comes all pre-wired and complete (plug-n-play). It's very easy to install and has been reliable. I've ran gallons of alchy through the kit with no problems except one. The earlier model had plastic clamps holding the fuel pump and the fuel pump wanted to pop off the hose. That was easily fixed by installing stainless steel clamps. Never a problem after that. Newer kits come with the stainless clamps already plus a braided line to the nozzle. This kit comes with a very fine spray nozzle. This allows you to inject a lot of alchy without flooding the motor. To tune all you have to do is keep turning up the alchy spray until it starts to flood (fall on it's face) then back off just a bit. I have run up to 24 psi boost no problem using a 18 degree street chip and pathetic 91 octane gas. My Grand National has run consistent 12.4's @ 109 1.70 60ft in full street trim plus slicks with a TE-44, 92 Thrasher, 91 octane pump gas, and 20 psi boost. That was with the kit turned on high. To get more alchy to spray I did the kit mod specified by Steve below on this page. I can run 24 psi now so I know I could have ran a very low 12/high 11 just like race trim with a street chip and pump gas. I like the kit so much I've purchased another for my '86 T-Type.

Summer of '01 I have opened a new realm on tuning alchy once I purchased a Translator setup with an Extender chip available from Ramchargers and switched over to denatured alcohol. The Translator Plus will allow you to fine tune in the timing for optimal performance. The Extender chip has very precise and adjustable fueling with the Translator which is ideal for running high boost levels with alchy. No matter if I'm running 15 psi or 25 psi boost the fueling is right there where it needs to be. The denatured alcohol is allowing me to run a lot more timing with a lot less knock than the isopropyl. Also have less problems with the alcohol trying to flood out the spark. I have not experimented yet with adding any water into the mix to see what difference it makes. I have found that keeping the timing tables like a 93 octane chip then increasing timing at 4,000 rpm and above with LV8 255 has removed transitional knock problems at deep part throttle. This allows the alchy a chance to start spraying before increasing timing.

My GN currently is running 11.70-11.60's with 22 degrees timing, 91 octane pump gas, alchy injection, 24 psi boost, and slicks.

GN tuned as follows with dual nozzle SMC kit: 91 octane pump gas, 100% denatured alchy, 22 degrees WOT timing in all gears (4,000 rpm and above with LV8 255), spray on point at 13 psi, speed control turned on high, 2 size 10 jets, fuel pressure 45 psi static, Translator WOT fueling switch on 0, AC CR43TS plugs gapped at 0.035", O2's 800-780mv, 24 psi boost, 1 degree knock or less with mostly zero through run.

My T-Type is doing even better since it has a more efficient turbo, intercooler, cam, heads, and double pumper fuel system. I've been able to run a 26/25/23 timing Extender chip at 25 psi boost with no knock the entire run using straight 91 octane pump gas and 100% denatured alchy. That is getting extremely close to a full 110 octane race chip and race gas setup. Best track time for this car is 7.13 @ 96 8th mile w/1.58 60ft time (estimated 11.2x-11.1x quarter mile) the very first pass and time it hit the track before busting the transmission mid track on the 4th pass. Can't come back until I've got a roll bar. I'm determined to hit a high 10 with 91 octane pump gas if God is willing.

T-Type tuned as follows with dual nozzle SMC kit: 91 octane pump gas, 100% denatured alchy, 26 degrees timing on initial WOT, 25 degrees in 1st and 2nd gears (4,000 rpm and above with LV8 255), 23 degrees in 3rd and 4th gear (4,000 rpm and above with LV8 255), spray on point is 10 psi, speed control turned on high, 2 size 20 jets, fuel pressure 45 psi static, Translator WOT fueling switch on 0, AC CR43TS plugs gapped at 0.035", O2's 800-780mv, 24 psi boost, 1 degree knock or less with mostly zero through run.

Back