You can type here any text you want

Best chip for an 85???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Donniejr81

Im looking for a good chip to use in a mostly stock 85 T-type that my neighbor has. The engine is still HA and is lightly modded with a 212* cam, 4" CAI, stock turbo, 3" DP, electric fan conversion, and I think a Walbro FP with adjustable FPR. I've heard alot about TT, but am also told that a chip wont do much for a HA. My neighbor doesnt want to have to switch to an 87 ECM, so I know he's limited in choices. Given what he has to work with, whats the best chip/tuning choices for him?

I kinda figured TT would get the nod, Ive heard nothing but good about Eric and his chips and that is what my neighbor Vinny is going to order. When I get ready to install my ECM you can bet there will be a TT chip in there:cool:

i got an 87 ecm for $40 and it plugged right in with no modifications necessary. i did, however, put an AIT sensor in it just becasue i had a TBI Chevy harness laying around that i could clip that wire and sensor out of- but it ran fine without it.
it's actually a really common ecm that was used in hundred of thousands (if not millions) of 3.8 powered GM vehicles.
runs better than the 84 ecm ever did- silky smooth idle even when it's 20 degrees in my garage and with a tank that is 1/2 E85- even with a non turbo chip in it until i save up enough pennies to get a TT chip and bigger injectors.

Race Electronic Control Module for Buell XB Models
Programmed with precise fuel delivery and ignition timing events required when using air cleaner P/N 29388-02YA and muffler P/N 65218-03Y.
Throttle position sensor recalibration is required for installation.
buellxb.com/shop/images/uploads/Buell_race_chip.jpg

Race Electronic Control Module for Buell XB Models
Programmed with precise fuel delivery and ignition timing events required when using air cleaner P/N 29388-02YA and muffler P/N 65218-03Y.
Throttle position sensor recalibration is required for installation.
buellxb.com/shop/images/uploads/Buell_race_chip.jpg

Now, are we really talking Turbo Buicks here? I didn't know Buell parts and chips were interchangeable with our cars?

Turbo Tweak is the way to go!

Back