Best chip for an 85???

Donniejr81

Im looking for a good chip to use in a mostly stock 85 T-type that my neighbor has. The engine is still HA and is lightly modded with a 212* cam, 4" CAI, stock turbo, 3" DP, electric fan conversion, and I think a Walbro FP with adjustable FPR. I've heard alot about TT, but am also told that a chip wont do much for a HA. My neighbor doesnt want to have to switch to an 87 ECM, so I know he's limited in choices. Given what he has to work with, whats the best chip/tuning choices for him?

I kinda figured TT would get the nod, Ive heard nothing but good about Eric and his chips and that is what my neighbor Vinny is going to order. When I get ready to install my ECM you can bet there will be a TT chip in there:cool:

i got an 87 ecm for $40 and it plugged right in with no modifications necessary. i did, however, put an AIT sensor in it just becasue i had a TBI Chevy harness laying around that i could clip that wire and sensor out of- but it ran fine without it.
it's actually a really common ecm that was used in hundred of thousands (if not millions) of 3.8 powered GM vehicles.
runs better than the 84 ecm ever did- silky smooth idle even when it's 20 degrees in my garage and with a tank that is 1/2 E85- even with a non turbo chip in it until i save up enough pennies to get a TT chip and bigger injectors.

Race Electronic Control Module for Buell XB Models
Programmed with precise fuel delivery and ignition timing events required when using air cleaner P/N 29388-02YA and muffler P/N 65218-03Y.
Throttle position sensor recalibration is required for installation.
buellxb.com/shop/images/uploads/Buell_race_chip.jpg

Race Electronic Control Module for Buell XB Models
Programmed with precise fuel delivery and ignition timing events required when using air cleaner P/N 29388-02YA and muffler P/N 65218-03Y.
Throttle position sensor recalibration is required for installation.
buellxb.com/shop/images/uploads/Buell_race_chip.jpg

Now, are we really talking Turbo Buicks here? I didn't know Buell parts and chips were interchangeable with our cars?

Turbo Tweak is the way to go!

Back