best chip for GEN II

insane_v6

just installed a GEN II box and ZO6 maf left orig TT chip in and when i drive her she dumps fuel !!! at 10psi u cant see behind u int 126-129 blm 133-138

need to run the correct chip yes ?

You can go into the TT chip parameters and adjust the fuel settings. That would get the INT and BLM back into range. However with the TT chip you will not be able to take advantage of the Gen2, the WOT timing advance and the AFR tracking. I run the Extender Extreme G from Full Throttle with the Gen2 and a LC-1 wideband, this setup works great on my street car.

If you have a GEN II you REALLY need to invest in a chip from full throttle.... i think its the commander chip. or else you cant take full advantage of the timing and fueling adjustments. You also have WB tracking available if you have a WBO2

If you have a GEN II you REALLY need to invest in a chip from full throttle.... i think its the commander chip. or else you cant take full advantage of the timing and fueling adjustments. You also have WB tracking available if you have a WBO2

Actually the chip best suited for the GENII is the Extender Extreme G.

The Commander chips are for cars with stock MAF sensors non translator installations.

Actually the chip best suited for the GENII is the Extender Extreme G.

The Commander chips are for cars with stock MAF sensors non translator installations.

thanx Dave... i knew it was either the extender or commander but forgot which one it was.... now i remember [its been soooo long since i got mine and love it]:D :D

just installed a GEN II box and ZO6 maf left orig TT chip in and when i drive her she dumps fuel !!! at 10psi u cant see behind u int 126-129 blm 133-138

need to run the correct chip yes ?

No, the fueling should be the same as it was before regardless of the chip, unless the settings in the GENII are set up wrong for the chip. The chip will work fine with the GENII, but some of the features of the GENII won't be enabled.

Eric

No, the fueling should be the same as it was before regardless of the chip, unless the settings in the GENII are set up wrong for the chip. The chip will work fine with the GENII, but some of the features of the GENII won't be enabled.

Eric

if i put the low tune at +8.0 it puts my numbers at 126-129 blm int is at 118-123 but u cant stand next to the car way to rich !!! just added front mount(extreme GN1) and ported heads 1.775 1.50 valved heads at the same time do i set the timming in the gen2 or let the chip take care of that ??

If the BLM is good (it is), then the ECM thinks the air/fuel mixture is good. So the ECM thinks it's perfect, but it seems rich to you. We need to figure out who is right.:smile: Have you driven it around enough for the BLM to learn correctly? It is possible that the O2 sensor is being fooled by an exhaust leak, or a bad O2 sensor.

Do you have the GENII set up right? What MAF sensor did you choose, and what is the MAF output set to?

The adjustable timing feature in the GENII will not be enabled with the TT chip, so adjust timing using the existing feature built into the chip.

Just a note.... I've always thought my car was running terribly rich too. But nothing in the sensors told me so. Just the smell. As old as I am I should have remembered back to the days before cat. converters. :rolleyes:

My O2's were always good, my WBO2 says everything is perfect as a matter of fact.
But it still smelled rich standing next to it (no smoke though) and the pipes were black and sooty.

Well, in my quest to quiet the car, and since I'm no longer racing it, I decided to put my Random high flow cat back on this week (first time it's been on since leaving KA).

Guess what..... No more rich smell or anything for that matter.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that everybody run out and put the cat. back on. Just some observations.

Did I loose any power on the butt dyno? Not enough that I can say for sure whether I did or not.

Old age and stoggyness does wierd things to a person. ;)