You can type here any text you want

Best dot drag radials for the price?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oddiesGN

I'm looking for drag radials at a good price. Need to know what brands are good and which ones to stay away from. Tire size either 245-50-16 or 255-50-16. What brands and who sell these. Don't know much about these types of tires. I appreciate any help, Thanks.

the mt's and nittos are close on price so just as well get the better one unless it's a dd

Which tire is better in traction on the line on the street? The Mickey Thompson ir the Nitto?

M&H is good on the street too. Be careful, drag radials aren't as strong as say, E rated trailer tires, so they can be cut down pretty easily if you run over something.

I like the toyo tq's and the nitto 555r. Who else has tried these and what is the grip like?

I was wanting either 245 or the 255-50-16, but seen the 275-45-16 toyo tq which is the same OD, but much wider. Will the 275 even fit under the car with stock suspension with out cutting the wheel lip? The wheel I'm using is the front GTA wheel 16x8 with 0" offset with 4.75 back spacing.

Thanks.

I run the 275-45-16 no rub on Kirbans GNX type rims, I went that route based on price. They perform well at the track at 18 psi and I run about 25psi on the street. They are better than the BFG's I had and not as scary in the rain still scary just not as much!

I run the 275-45-16 no rub on Kirbans GNX type rims, I went that route based on price. They perform well at the track at 18 psi and I run about 25psi on the street. They are better than the BFG's I had and not as scary in the rain still scary just not as much!

Thanks, would you by any chance have a picture of what the tire looks like on the wheel and on the car? Is your suspension all stock? I looked up that tire and it needs to go on a min of 9" wide wheel. Do you have much or any wheel spin at the track or street? Is there a down side to this tire besides rain?

Thanks, this tire sounds like a good deal.

Do you care about tire life? I love M/T drag radials but they sure don't last as long as say a Nitto or BFG.

Peter

Do you care about tire life? I love M/T drag radials but they sure don't last as long as say a Nitto or BFG.

Peter

Well I guess it all depends on how long the life is. Its not on the top of my list. I want traction 1st, the life maybe 2nd or 3rd. It can't be like a disposable tire, use it a couple times and throw away buy new ones. How long do they last and how many passes do they last? How are they on the streets and track?

Thanks.

1.52 60ft on the mickey thompsons,1.55 on the hoosiers,1.58 on the bfg drag radials.the mt drove the best,the bfg lasted the longest,the hoosier lasted the shortest.

1.52 60ft on the mickey thompsons,1.55 on the hoosiers,1.58 on the bfg drag radials.the mt drove the best,the bfg lasted the longest,the hoosier lasted the shortest.

1.52 on m/t here. They hook on the street too. best Ive tried

The M/T DR's sound good, but I can't find any in the size I want. I would like 26" tall and at least 10" wide on 16" rim. I have some 26x8.5x15 ET drags with tubes in them. They are 8years old only used twice and still look in great shape. I guess I could run this only at the track, but wouldn't the drag radials that are 2" wider give better traction then the ET drags?

275/60r15 read anything you can about tuning your suspension. Dick Miller is a/g body expert and one of his books helped.

car has to make the power too.i went the 1.58 on a stock suspension,the 1.52 was with h/r bar,and metco upper and lowers.

275 55 16 M&H on GTA's they seem to be great on the street, i need more convertor in my combo,so dont have any good 60' #'s yet. 182$ea at summit

went 1.19 on a m/t drag radial just bought some nt05r's going to try them and yes on S/S

Back