You can type here any text you want

Best fuel system for the $ for a S2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

I recently purchaced a S2 car with Twin 340's but I know that's not enough fuel.
I'm leaning toward a walboro pump, but don't know which would be sufficient for my needs. I'm looking to go Mid 9's maybe (once all the bugs get worked out)

It's an on center S2, alum S2 heads, 4 bolt 88, mild solid roller, ect.

Any help would be :) as I'm new to the Stage world.

Hell, I'm still new the buick world:o

Depending on how hard you are going to push the car you are in Weldon or the top of the line Aeromotive Territory. Do not be cheap when it come to fuel for this car. That will cost you boat loads of money in the long run. Speak to a good vendor like PTE or the many others on this list. If it was me I would get a weldon 2025 and their step down voltage regulator for street use. I have a 2035 for my car which sounds like over kill but I may put a sbc thumper motor in it someday.

Thanks.
What would you recommend for a downpipe?
The previous owner wanted to keep his a/c so it only has an atr 3" dp.
I am going to get rid of the a/c so room will not be an issue.
Have ATR S2 headers.

I think with your setup, the Weldon 2025 would be fine with the stepdown box, the downpipe should be a custom 4" piece that will be no problem with the A/C out of the car. Those two mods and the car should be in 8 second territory even with all the weight it carries. You would be in the ET range you want with 15-17# of boost.

http://www.anderson-performance.com/jeff3.jpg.JPG

Above is a picture of a 4" DP we did with a Non A/C box, still retaining the heat.

Bill,

I like the way you think.
What does a custom 4 inch DP cost from your shop?
What kind of weight savings with taking out the rad support?

Yeah, Bill. I need one of those for a 3 bolt .85 precision housing, 71 GTQ turbo, no heat/ac and with the WO2 bung welded in.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
I think with your setup, the Weldon 2025 would be fine with the stepdown box, the downpipe should be a custom 4" piece that will be no problem with the A/C out of the car. Those two mods and the car should be in 8 second territory even with all the weight it carries. You would be in the ET range you want with 15-17# of boost.

Above is a picture of a 4" DP we did with a Non A/C box, still retaining the heat.

What intake is that?

How Involved was it to get the turbo to mount "front to back"
instead of side to side?

Looks alot cleaner.
Thanks

That appears to be a CAS sheet metal intake.

That doesn't really look to be that big of a deal to fab up. With about a minuit of time involved at this point, you could fab a adaptor and rotate the turbo off the factory type turbo mount and rotate it. The I would have to re-route my wastegate to the DP, or just dump it down to the ground at that point. I like eliminating the 90 degree bend out of the turbo. That is a much cleaner setup, eliminating the intake pipe. Of course a little fab work to get the intercooler to hook up too.

Originally posted by EightSecV6

That is one fine ride! That is the kind of work I like to see. Regards LOU

Originally posted by Ted A.
That appears to be a CAS sheet metal intake.

That doesn't really look to be that big of a deal to fab up. With about a minuit of time involved at this point, you could fab a adaptor and rotate the turbo off the factory type turbo mount and rotate it. The I would have to re-route my wastegate to the DP, or just dump it down to the ground at that point. I like eliminating the 90 degree bend out of the turbo. That is a much cleaner setup, eliminating the intake pipe. Of course a little fab work to get the intercooler to hook up too.

That is a CAS intake, however with all the machine work it required to make it fit, we'd have been better off using a SBC manifold as a starting point......
Of course it's no big deal Ted, you could probably put a combo like that together on a Saturday afternoon:D :D
There is no adapter fabbed up, the header was built like that.
Thanks for the compliment Lou, we built the car to run in TSO, it has been out once and only got 2 passes in on it (thanks to that nice manifold spitting water in the engine and blowing out on the side!)you'll be seeing alot more of it next season.
The pipe would be a time and material type deal, each car would be custom. I am not an advertising vendor so if you guys have any pricing questions, I can not handle them through the board, not being a smarta**, just dont think it would be right for me to do that.

Back