You can type here any text you want

Best hooking 235/60/15 tire?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

im4darush

I have BFG's right now and the car starts to go sideways as soon as I hit 15lbs of boost. Can someone recomend a 15" tire that hooks well on the street? Not a drag radial, just a regular tire than hooks better than most. Thanks.

in that size, there aren't many options. friend of mine works at goodyear- he recomended the tiger paw gts. they don't hook good when wet, but do pretty well dry. they bark but don't get very sideways. people swear i'm spinning them when i take off, but i can't tell.

perelli makes a set, but get your wallet out, i don't know how good they are.-but if you get what you pay for.....

Have you looked at M/T sportsman S/T? look like nice tires, I used to run the M/T Indy on my Mustangs And were very good tires.

I run MT Sportsman Pros's in a 26". They last a surprisingly long time. The old pair were 6 years young!! Granted I only put about 5K on the car a year.

These tires will show you where the weak drivetrain link is if you aren't careful.

You said no DR's but thats it. Its not gonna hook on that size tire or alot bigger tire for that matter with street tread/compound.
I actually run this size tire on my GN when playing on the street or at the track, but they are MT DR's and they still spin sometimes.
I have ran 275 50 15 Bfg radial t/a's street tires and you can haze them at 35 in a low 12 second car/basic bolt on and alky stock long block Turbo regal

I have ran 275 50 15 Bfg radial t/a's street tires and you can haze them at 35 in a low 12 second car/basic bolt on and alky stock long block Turbo regal

Thats my problem. I had a set of the goodyear GT2 in that size on an 86T and they seemed to do much better on the street than these bfg radial t/a's..

Yes , its a radial like you wanted, and its a little bit softer compound than the BFGs , so better hook . But the best set-up would be 255/60/15 M/T DRs. :biggrin:

Back