You can type here any text you want

Best Infinity Basslink mounting location & firing direction?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

zigm

I'd like to install my old Infinity Basslink into the trunk of my T-type... preferably on the upper shelf area in a corner.

Is this a good place to put it?

If so, which direction should the actual driver face?
(The unit has a 10" driver as well as a passive radiator - facing opposite directions)

Ok to screw it down into the trunk floor with short fasteners?

Thanks,
William

I used wire ties and hooked them to the rear seat braces thru the mounting holes on the speaker so it can't move around. Works well. It sounds good but I want some more punch I think!

Hooters+013.jpg

Every vehicle is different but with most g-bodies facing to the rear will be slightly louder.
Don't forget to double check your trunk seal. Adding a subwoofer is a great way to find small holes that draw water into your trunk.

I actually have mine mounted inside the cabin, behind the passengers seat facing up.

My Bass Link, combined with an Infinity Reference amp 75w RMS x2, Infinity Reference 3 way 6x9's in the rear deck, Pioneer 3.5s and a Kenwood head unit hits pretty hard and sounds sweet. Just enough bass for windows down cruising with clear highs.

I initially tried mounting it inside the trunk, but did not like the sound, as compared to inside the cabin. My biggest thing is hearing the music clearly and feeling the base while cruising. This setup does the job perfectly.

Patrick

Back