Best octane boost?

Before alky I ran about 20% xylene (or xylol) mix with a splash of marvel mystery oil for lubrication. I believe I was able to run about 19 psi boost. Worked great but when I did the math I believe it cost nearly as much as race gas. I only did this for a few months because of the cost and quickly installed alky control. Alky pays for itself in no time if you actually drive the car.

and fwiw...my best friends mom and dad where both chemical engineers at Dupont Labs...we where testing some toluene in a racebike we built back then...i recall them saying,when asked about it, that toluene caused cancer in lab rats almost overnite...(slight exageration) and was a very nasty chemical.
Cancer is the very reason MTBE was removed from our fuel in 2003 or so and a suitable replacement needed to be found, enter Ethanol..

2 gallons of toluene ( jet fuel) in a full tank... can get it cheap at most if not all hardware stores.. go to gnttype.org for more info

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Toluene is paint thinner or nail polish remover. The vapor pressure is way too low and would boil away at altitude.

Jet fuel is kerosene! Wide cut Jet Fuel is Naptha. Regular jet fuel (jetA kerosene) is good to -40 deg. Before it starts to jell. I think wide cut jet fuel (jetB Naptha) is good to -60 deg.C but I'd have to check the manual since ive never had to use it even though the temp outside my office at 45,000' is often -70 or colder but the oil fuel heat exchangers keep the fuel warm enough.

Cancer is the very reason MTBE was removed from our fuel in 2003 or so and a suitable replacement needed to be found, enter Ethanol..
and...what ive read on alcohol; states that when absorbed through the skin it attacks the central nervous system and causes neurological deficiency's...not sure about ethanol... full of good news,aint i.;) geez..i remember when i was young,cleaning parts with it bare handed.:confused:

Dragon fuels makes a concentrated race fuel. I was skeptical but it eliminated my high end knock in the SVO. Car ran better all around. 6500 rpm and 21 psi on these little 4's is asking for it. About $20 a can and treats 15 gallons. 93 octane and a can reports as 102 octane.

Dragon fuels makes a concentrated race fuel. I was skeptical but it eliminated my high end knock in the SVO. Car ran better all around. 6500 rpm and 21 psi on these little 4's is asking for it. About $20 a can and treats 15 gallons. 93 octane and a can reports as 102 octane.

Had not heard of Dragon fuel, is it still around

Dragon racing fuels dot com.

I don't ever recommend "octane boosters" as the chemicals in them will f up a turbo motor. Dragon came recommended from a local race shop that builds turbo motors and I had no choice as there is no fuel close to me. I had to do some tuning, so I bit the bullet.

I have six cans in reserve for road events.

I don't ever recommend "octane boosters" as the chemicals in them will f up a turbo motor. Dragon came recommended from a local race shop that builds turbo motors and I had no choice as there is no fuel close to me. I had to do some tuning, so I bit the bullet.

I have six cans in reserve for road events.

Thanks Dan