Best paint to use on intake and valve covers?

F

faststkr

I tried the high temp. spray paint from advance on my valve covers but when hot oil gets on it it runs and smears. Is there a good paint that will adhere good and hold up to hot temps. Thanks.

If you want them to look good a long time, how about getting them powdercoated. I just had mine done, it is about $50. I've seen a lot of high-temp paints, but why take the risk.

Try Krylon 1403 Dull Aluminum......all I used and it looks great IMO and holds up very well. Best of luck.

I sandblastedd mine and painted 'em with VHT 500 degree aluminum engine paint and then clearcoated them with VHT 500 degree clear. No problems with oil so far.

Steve

Just a few questions guys where can I get things powder coated?
where can I find the vht paint and clear coat?

I got my VHT paints at Advance Auto. Just be sure the parts are totally clean and spray away. :)

Steve

I had 'em sandblasted. I used brake cleaner and a paint brush w/the bristles 1/2 cut off after the blasting process to remove the blasting residue. Don't want sand in your engine! :)

i might sound like a sales person, but i am sold on the por 15 products, i used it on my caprice intake and valve covers, trp http://www.por15.com , i have many powdercaoted parts, this stuff is as close to it as i have seen, rock hard, very shiney, great adhesion, good to 500+ degrees, and oil , brake fluid, so on are laughed at by this sutff ,check it out
Grant J Farmer

use regular 2 part poly urethane (centari etc...) works great.
prep prep prep.

I degrease (powdered tide and a brush makes quick work of it) and then disc brake cleaner ALOT OF IT..flood the part continually then blow it off with air and immediately paint.