You can type here any text you want

best plug wires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 we4 gray t

what are the best plug wires for tr? and who sells for the best price? need a new set and just taking a census. thanks

Red Armstrong. $24 for the set. Then $9 shipping is the flat rate for his goods. It comes out to about a $1 more than what you would spend on wires at Autozone and Red's are made for TRs.

A while back, Crane Cams had a sale on spark plug wire sets, because they were being discontinued I'll assume...

Anyway, I bought 5 sets @ $8/set. The set even included a coil wire...........:rolleyes: :D Of course shipping to Hawaii cost me $40!:rolleyes: Still only $80 for 5 sets shipped! Not too bad....:)

That was a few years ago, and I'm still on the first set. :cool:

They're not the cheapest, but...

I dig the Taylor Thundervolt 50's. They fit well and at 10.4mm they look like battery cables. Very impressive. And they're very black.

Summit sells 'em...PN 98124 I think.

I have the Quad Air wires from Red on the daily driver and they are excellent. I have the MSD's for the GN on the other car. I wish they came in black but they are a very nice fit and work great also.

I just recently installed my black beauties from ATR and I pulled a wire off to check a plug yesterday, and with very little force, the damn metal insert that crimps on the inside came off the wire and stayed on the plug :mad: Just kinda irritating, I used plenty of that install lube when I put them on and it didn't take much for at all for it to rip off. (but they look stock and are black) I'll be fixing mine since its not too big a deal

Originally posted by machinegun
.............. I have the MSD's for the GN on the other car. I wish they came in black but they are a very nice fit and work great also.

Your wish comes true, the MSD wires now do come in black also!:)

Check with Ramchargers, they will get them for you.

MAGNACORES? I use the cheapy 8mm accell wires. Sometimes red and sometimes black. I've never had a problem or misfire with these $25 a set wires.

Tried Magnacore 10mm twice. Both times, my car was missing and popping all over the place. You can have your magnajunks! ;)

Is this the 47th time this subject was discussed? :confused:

Originally posted by Red Regal T
MAGNACORES? I use the cheapy 8mm accell wires. Sometimes red and sometimes black. I've never had a problem or misfire with these $25 a set wires.

Tried Magnacore 10mm twice. Both times, my car was missing and popping all over the place. You can have your magnajunks! ;)

Is this the 47th time this subject was discussed? :confused:

No its the 50th

I'm probably in the minority, but over the years, on a variety of vehicles, I've always been disappointed in quality & reliability of non-GM aftermarket ignition parts .... and will only use original GM.

most recent example, on my 94 5.7L V8 big Blazer last year, spent 2 annoying months tracking down an intermittent surging/bucking , that would only cccur after the truck had been on the freeway for 10-15 minutes.

Turned out to be the 10 month old Accel brand plug wires. Funny thing is, there hadn't anything really wrong with the 8 yr old GM wires, I had just felt replacing them might be a "good idea" after 8 yrs. All problems cleared up with the new GM plug wires.

Originally posted by tom h
I'm probably in the minority, but over the years, on a variety of vehicles, I've always been disappointed in quality & reliability of non-GM aftermarket ignition parts .... and will only use original GM.

most recent example, on my 94 5.7L V8 big Blazer last year, spent 2 annoying months tracking down an intermittent surging/bucking , that would only cccur after the truck had been on the freeway for 10-15 minutes.

Turned out to be the 10 month old Accel brand plug wires. Funny thing is, there hadn't anything really wrong with the 8 yr old GM wires, I had just felt replacing them might be a "good idea" after 8 yrs. All problems cleared up with the new GM plug wires.

I too am a fan of factory Delco Packard wires. Lifetime warranty. I just replaced mine after 5 years, because they were looking kind of filthy. Took them to my local GM dealer (with a receipt from a parts house that went out of business) and walked out with a new set. Can't beat the service, price and warranty.

Beldens from Napa. Lifetime warrenty for 40$. I just traded in my year old set for a new ones. Ill do the same thing next fall.

not tryin to start anything, but its funny that everyone says magnacores are junk. ive had mine for about 6 years and havent had any problems. still like new. boots come right off the plugs too. i guess im on borrowed time. :D

I tried to order the Taylor 409's or the Thunderbolts from Summit and was told they do not make them for a Buick GN. How are you guys ordering these wires ??

Back