You can type here any text you want

Best starter.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

So I'm looking for a starter. Don't really want OEM. {big/heavy/dated} Been looking into Powermaster but they seem to be a reduction starter. I would'nt mind a smaller/lighter yet "faster spinning" unit. Looking for the best starter available. So what am I looking for?
Thanks in advance.

I'm also curious about this. Mine sounds pretty rough, might go ahead and swap it before anything bad happens. Seems like I've read that lt1/ lt4 (93-97 camaro and 92-96? Corvette) starters will work... I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm. That may be a modern alternative.

I think the one GN1 sells is like an LT1 starter, and it comes with the longer bolts that you need for the swap. Otherwise direct bolt on, no mods

I forgot where I got mine but it is a mini starter . I remember I bought it for like $40 new online and haven't had a issue with it and it weighs a lot less then the OEM one . I'll see if I can find out the info for you

I confess theres nothing wrong with my current starter. I just hoped there would be a lighter faster spinning model like on the modern cars today.

The mini starter/LT1 and LT4 starters spin faster, take up less space, and are absolutely lighter than the OE boat anchors. Nothing was wrong with mine, but I replaced it anyways.

When I get home I'll send you link to the one I have in my car. 2 years and no problems.

My buddy has the same one on his 12 to 1 327SBC. turns it over even when hot, no prob.

I think they were $67.

Back