You can type here any text you want

best street drag radials?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

gona be needed some new tires soon whenit all gets back togather

whats the best street driven drag radial,

the nitto 555rs

or m/t et streets

or hoosiers

in 15s and whats the widest tire i can fit on the back?

how many miles would you normally get outta them daily driving without any major burnouts or track runs?

just need them to hook daily back and forth to work and school and wherever when im on it and not worried about spinning

I'm running the Hoosiers D/R's and they hook AWESOME on virgin concrete, and I swear they hook better than the hoosier slicks I just replaced them with! I don't expect them to last more than a season though as they are a really soft compound.

same for the mickey thompsons and season you mean track season or summer season?

I get about 12K out of the Nittos. :)

" just need them to hook daily back and forth to work and school and wherever when im on it and not worried about spinning "

They work okay in the rain too on a daily.

I can't afford a new set of tires every year. :eek:

I guess the answer would also depend upon the HP you are throwing at them.

I like the Nittos on a stock motored car with 23-26psi. and alky.

Yeah you can spin them good if you want to. ;)

MTs worked great . we usually go threw 2 sets in a summer :eek: Oh have a set of the new M&Hs (needed a tall set of 16's) .. Look really nice. Ill have em on a car shortly :cool:
we ran Nittos for a few years and they worked "ok" BUT the "newer" drag radials kick their butt :p

I would agree that the Nittos serve their purpose on cars not making tons of horsepower. Mine did last quite a while but as far as hook up I dont think they can compare to the MT, M&H, Hoosiers, etc... But then again, not everyone can afford to replace their tires a couple times a year and im sure they are much more stable at highway speeds and overall driving for sure.

I don't think the MT ET Street dr's are very good in the rain so they may not make a good daily driver tire.

for tires for the street, I'd get 275/60 Nittos.

They won't hook anywhere close to M/T's at the track, but they'll last 4X as long on the street and hook better than any true street tire.

stay away from 275/50 nittos, though, they are too short.

i saw a set today on a mustang lol 275 60 15s and those things are huge!

they bolt right up to my american racing 7 inch rims there 15s as well do you need to know the backspaceing?

is there any rubbing issues?

like i said those tires were pretty dam big

those m/ts

A friend of mine uses MT drag rad and they work good dont last long but hook very good.

i think im just gonna go with the nittos seem to be best said for me

my back rims are yea 7.5 inch wide

the 275 55 15s will clear stock back end?
25ilydg.jpg

vmwymf.jpg

MT ET Streets 275-60-15. If you don't like the sound of gravel bouncing around in your wheel wells, your gonna be bummed. Just put mine on and it takes some getting use too.

Coach

i can care less about gravel but now i think im going to go with the nittos no one has any problems with fitment?
275/60/15s?

i can care less about gravel but now i think im going to go with the nittos no one has any problems with fitment?
275/60/15s?

Nitto tires are a little smaller than most other mfg's tires. 275/60's are slightly narrower than 275/50's.

Out of all the 275 wide tires, the nitto 60's will rub less than all other mfg's tires.

With a 7" wheel, you'll need 3.75" or less of BS. With a 8" wheel, 4.2" of BS or less.

With 275/60 series tires in back and 3.5" BS wheels or less, you really should roll the Wheel opening moldings slightly to avoid catching on the tires. With more than 3.5" BS, even with a slightly lowered car, you'll probably be OK.

Back