best valve springs

Mike70gtx

Am getting my motor back from a strong rebuild. I going with my stock heads, but a guy is doing some angle grinding. He works his heads with a flow bench and tries to get them match the flow without the valves. Anyhow my cam is atr 313b (I think) one step above stock. Is there any variable rate valve springs? 100#, 110#, LS1? What do you recommend?
Thanks

I just spoke to a friend last night, who returned the Comp springs in favor of the Club springs, which I understand are K-Motion. Enuf said...

:)

I also like K-Motion and use their K-750(130# seat pressure)spring with my roller cam,though you'd probrobly need the K-700(115# seat pressure)if you have a flat tappet.I could be wrong,either way K-Motion probrobly has a spring for you

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for the replys. Who handles the K-motion springs? 115#s is not too much for a regular cam, is it?

Mike70gtx,

115#'s sounds a little high for a regular cam. I think we need something in the 90 to 100# range.

What about springs made by Speed Pro? Has anyone used these? I am going to be buying a set of springs shortly and I was looking at these or the Comp 980's.

The CC 980s have been on my car for about a year and a half with no problems. I've driven about 2500 miles a lot of them 1/4 mile at a time. :D

Just got an email from a local car club president with several of these cars and a 10 sec one. He said, "stock springs! I believe 90#s at .050 lift."
What do you think about that? I know his philosophy is not to use big cams. He stays just a notch over stock.

Comp cam 979's on my car with no cup and it pulls fine up top and noticed a difference.
Had all my stock springs lbs checked and 3 were below spec.

I just ordered springs from Mike w/ full throttle and will be putting them on my 86 gn.
Not sure what they are but he said that they are like the LT1 springs so they are aroud 100 - 105 lbs. It is fine our cars don't turn alot of r's and with mild lift/dur cam I would not get crazy with spring psi's.

Good luck

If the club springs are K Motion,grab them.They're one of the best springs out there,excellent long term durability.:)