Best wax for black?

Depends on her condition. If I were you, I'd try this. Wash the car with dish detergent. Clay it. Wash it again, buff on with a buffer, a layer of 3M imperial hand glaze, then a layer of good brand name natural carnauba wax. If this satisfies you, then you're done. If it dont, you can do 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 things. Instead of washing and claying, just go right to the polishing compounds. Depending on how bad she is, you can start with a fine cut, and see how she does. If not, go back with a medium grit, then check results. After you do that, wash it, then try a nice swirl remover and see what happens. I'd have to see the car to actually give you a determination.

Are you wanting this for a show or all around protection? As stated already, #7 is a good choice. It wears off (evaporates) after a few days but, it's hard to beat the clairity you get from it. It's just a purified machine oil that fills all the imperfections and makes a black car super slick looking. Now, if you want long term protection, you will need a sealer then wax then a good polish. All applied by hand or risk eating the edges off your ride. I use wizards sealer, a decent paste wax and follow up with ice. Each of those steps is a week in between and washing prior to application. Do this twice a year with putting ice on the car no less than every two months. More companies are coming out with true sealers and I see a few more of the original paste wax systems on store shelves. I like the stuff myself.

You're just going to have to experiment. Some paint jobs, can't be improved with a wax at all. Try a semi decent wax from murrays or autozone first, and see what you like. If not, see if a friend or relative has any really good wax layin around. Try a dab on a spot and compare results. You may just find that the wax from autozone does good enough. At that point, your paint job is either really nice, and any wax looks good, or it's soo bad, that no wax looks good, and it's in need of a good rub down with a wheel and some compound.

I have been using Zaino products for the last 4 + years up untill Saturday . Did my car with Meguiars "NXT Tech Wax" . IMO it blew away the Zaino . and cost alot less and easier to get . The paint is about 8-9 years old .

I"ve been in the body shop bussiness for 20 years, and have NEVER seen a wax tha does what the meguiers nxt tech wax does !!!

get your freek of a shine on with meguires nxt wax !!!!

right now my car is slicker than cum on a gold tooth !!!!!!!

Wow lol. Not trying to bust on your learning curve, but that has been the crappiest wax that has ever been on my car. It streaks, it's hard to use, and never goes on evenly. My other waxes are just as good, and easier to use. If you want to know whats up, go to the HIGHer end car shows. Ask those guys what they use. For shine only (not necessarily durable protection) nothing beats a good rubdown with glaze, then genuine carnauba.

REALLY !!! I guess the more than 200 first place trophys various customes have won was a fluke !!!! maybe YOU need to go to a high end car show.. for that matter, blue coral crystal shine will out perform ANYTHING on the market, but it"s gone with the first wash.. when you get 20 plus years REAL painting experiance, you"ll KNOW what works.. if you really that smart maybe I should hire YOU... call me .. 270 869 8853 Auto Paint & Design Collision Center | Henderson's Premier Automotive Repair & Painting Experts

steve

A Buick/Chevelle buddy of mine swears by Buffalo Milke (yes with an "e"). I use it. It's a spray, UV protectant is in the formula-specifically for Black cars, no white residue.

However, my cars stay inside a garage under covers so it's just a quick spray and wipe... They never see water.

For heavy stuff I use 3M products. For my DD's I use Mother's CA Gold.

Again, didn't mean to offend you or anything, but I'm just telling you what I see. Every day.
That wax outperforms none of my others. And is harder to apply. Every time I'm at the Autorama here in detroit, I always make it a point, to ask everyone I see, with the best shines, what they use, and they always tell me glaze, carnauba, or both. But NEVER, EVER 'tech wax'. Ever.
No 10 dollar can of man made wax from autozone, is going to outperform a higher end natural carnauba for depth or brilliance. Just my 2 cents.

I have washed, polished, waxed, & detailed many cars over my lifetime. I have tried a lot of different polishes & waxes. The best process / procedure that I have used is what I currently use, and that is glaze. Unfortunately, by the time that I am done with the glaze, i am way too tired to wax. Lots of different glazes out there. Some work, some work better than others, & some don't work at all. I prefer a glaze that will remove a slight amount of material, yea, clear coat, paint, doesn't matter, to not only fill but to sort of smooth out the surface. A glaze that just fills the pores & slight imperfections generally only lasts for a while even with a good coat of wax over it. Most glazes work best with a machine so that the heat helps the process some. Glazing by hand is a bitch, no doubt about it. Anybody ever used 3M Imperial glaze by hand and how difficult is it to use by hand, no machine? HTH

i used to use 3m hand glaze all the time...the shine is incredible..it is a lot of work though, and don't use it when its humid...a trick I use is to remove it with a microfiber and an instant detailer...comes off a lot quicker with a ton less effort

i used to use 3m hand glaze all the time...the shine is incredible..it is a lot of work though, and don't use it when its humid...a trick I use is to remove it with a microfiber and an instant detailer...comes off a lot quicker with a ton less effort
Applying & rubbing in by hand or machine?

Applying & rubbing in by hand or machine?
i did the hand glaze by hand....i used their machine glaze also....hand glaze is super easy to use by hand (applying), i cant see why it would hurt to use a machine with it...i use the PC 7424 with my stuff and it works great

i did the hand glaze by hand....i used their machine glaze also....hand glaze is super easy to use by hand (applying), i cant see why it would hurt to use a machine with it...i use the PC 7424 with my stuff and it works great
Do you have a product # on the 3M hand glaze. The only one that I have seen comes in a container holding about a gal or so. Would appear to be packaged for professional or shop use. Named 3m Imperial Hand Glaze. I think about $25 or so. I really don't mind the $ if it works, but that's a lot of glaze to have on hand.

I use 3m's imperial hand glaze all the time. the shine is brilliant. it goes on mindlessly with both a machine or by hand. Ive done both and its just effortless. no problems, streaking or anything. I get a little bit more depth and glow when i use a machine to put it on.

There are two versions of the NXT polish. The newer 2.0 version is more user friendly than the original.

There are two versions of the NXT polish. The newer 2.0 version is more user friendly than the original.

It's good stuff when used correctly.
1. Apply thin coats
2. Allow proper drying time before removing
3. Allow extra drying time (or don't use) in humid weather

FWIW,any products mentioned here can work well when the proper steps are taken.The key is the prep work before applying any wax or polish.Most waxes will give you a good shine but applying a good carnaruba as a (LSP) last step product will give paint more depth.

Got a product # of the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze that you use?

My bottle says: part no. 051131-0590
It's a 12" tall tan bottle, with red lettering. Very plain and generic. No fancy graphics whatsoever. This stuff just goes on, with no streaking, and no inconsistancies. It's very easy to use, and the paint just starts to glow immediately. Other than that, it only lasts like 2 weeks. It doesn't stick around that much at all. I still love it though.