Best wax for black?

Do you have a product # on the 3M hand glaze. The only one that I have seen comes in a container holding about a gal or so. Would appear to be packaged for professional or shop use. Named 3m Imperial Hand Glaze. I think about $25 or so. I really don't mind the $ if it works, but that's a lot of glaze to have on hand.
thats the stuff...i think you can get it in smaller sizes but I bought the quart

My bottle says: part no. 051131-0590
It's a 12" tall tan bottle, with red lettering. Very plain and generic. No fancy graphics whatsoever. This stuff just goes on, with no streaking, and no inconsistancies. It's very easy to use, and the paint just starts to glow immediately. Other than that, it only lasts like 2 weeks. It doesn't stick around that much at all. I still love it though.
i agree it doesnt last long, but if you put a good carnauba paste wax over it, it will

I just bought a syclone and it needed some tlc. Thought i would have to rub the truck with a buffing compound, but instead used the Meguiers nxt generation wax. I applied it in a straight line motion, much like I was rubbing it with compound and it looks remarkable. I have used many types of wax and it looks betteer and last longer than anything else I have used.

Sorry, a little off topic here. What is a good way to get rubber of the rear quarters without damaging the paint also whats a good way to keep the rubber from sticking.

Sorry, a little off topic here. What is a good way to get rubber of the rear quarters without damaging the paint also whats a good way to keep the rubber from sticking.
To remove:
Hot / warm water & liquid dish soap, such as Palmolive or Dawn.
Keep rubber from sticking:
Magnetized rear quarter panel, such as sold Steve Hurst of the BGNRA, or:
Don't break the tires loose.

Magnetized rear quarter panel, such as sold Steve Hurst of the BGNRA

Please tell more

Steve Hurst, of the Buick Grand National Racing Association (BGNRA) sells or used to sell some protectors that are made out of rubber or vinyl that attach to your rear quarter panel at the lower section just behind the rear wheels that protect the paint in that area. The BGNRA is a sponsoring / supporting vendor of TB.COM, so check out his website by just clicking on the hotlink in the list of supporting vendors at the bottom of the msg board / menu. HTH

Back in the day, we used to cover the quarter panels with Vaseline before raceing. Rubber would clean right off. Now I use the magnetic BGNRA covers. You can't even tell they're on.

Also, the next time you have the urge to do a John Force burn out, just borrow your friends TB. That way he'll have to clean it off. Thats what I do. Isn't that right Gary;) :biggrin: ?
P1010108-1.jpg

P1010107-1.jpg

Mike Barnard (SPOOLFOOL2) was nice enough to tune my car at the track (Fontana) after helping me (Mike did virtually everything) install my Alkycontrol alky system. Not only did he do a bitching job, he would not take any money for it. He removed the dash panel and put the alky tank low level warning light where the fuel tank low level warning light would normally go. He made 10 runs at Fontana, dialing in the car after each run or 2, getting a best E.T. & M.P.H. of 12.7 & 107.+ on the street tires that are on the car now. He did let me clean the rubber off of the quarter panels myself though. Mike's the greatest and I could never pay him enough for the super clean install that he did and all of the help that he has given me on my turbobrick.