Best wax for black?

I have been using Zaino products for the last 4 + years up untill Saturday . Did my car with Meguiars "NXT Tech Wax" . IMO it blew away the Zaino . and cost alot less and easier to get . The paint is about 8-9 years old .

Attachments

• IMG_1709 POP2.jpg
    IMG_1709 POP2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_1707 POP.jpg
    IMG_1707 POP.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 520
If you are really intersested regester at the meguiars oneline forums

Meguiar's Online And read. It really doesn't matter what you use as long as you use it per the directions.

Myself I use a Porter cable buffer (best thing I ever bought) and a variety of Meguiars products depending on the quality of the finish

for fine scratches and swirls I use #83 DACP. Basic waxing is done with #80 Speed glaze and #21 synthetic sealant for protection.

Of course a claybar to remove surface contaminants before waxing.

I have been using Zaino products for the last 4 + years up untill Saturday . Did my car with Meguiars "NXT Tech Wax" . IMO it blew away the Zaino . and cost alot less and easier to get . The paint is about 8-9 years old .

Did you wheel it? That stuff dosen't seem to come off very easily by hand. Car looks great tho.

I have used every wax under the sun, and nothing I have used stands out over the rest. IMO I believe anything that is used with regularity is gonna bling. If you wax your car once a year then its not going to be easy to rub off or buff due to natures elements working its way in your paint. My car has such a good base of wax from frequently doing this that the paint has zero abrasions when you rub your hand over it, and if you try and lean on the car with a cotton shirt or pants you will slide off. I can use crummy turtle wax and this thing would still require sun glasses to view it in the day time. I don't buy into the wax gimmick, that this is better then that. But I do believe for someone who doesn't do it as often as I do, you will find better finishes in certain brands over others. Anything that you want to see great results in you got to do it often to reep the benefits. But then again I am that as shole that gets under the car with my creaper just to clean the floors and exhaust.:redface:

Pinnacle Souveran paste is great for a Black Show Car finish, but the prep work or polishing prior to wax is the key to making a car look its best.

I have used every wax under the sun, and nothing I have used stands out over the rest. IMO I believe anything that is used with regularity is gonna bling. If you wax your car once a year then its not going to be easy to rub off or buff due to natures elements working its way in your paint. My car has such a good base of wax from frequently doing this that the paint has zero abrasions when you rub your hand over it, and if you try and lean on the car with a cotton shirt or pants you will slide off. I can use crummy turtle wax and this thing would still require sun glasses to view it in the day time. I don't buy into the wax gimmick, that this is better then that. But I do believe for someone who doesn't do it as often as I do, you will find better finishes in certain brands over others. Anything that you want to see great results in you got to do it often to reep the benefits. But then again I am that as shole that gets under the car with my creaper just to clean the floors and exhaust.:redface:

If my car looked as good as yours Id be that azzhole too.....;)

I like to use a 3 step process , first to clean I use Mothers spray with clay, second to polish I use Meguairs #7 and third to wax I use Meguairs Gold Class or Liquid Glass . I have tried quite a few polishes and like the #7 the best but have had success with 3m products as well. Liquid glass is the best wax I have used it comes it a metal can with a picture of an old Corvette on it. If you use the clay just make sure if you drop it not to use it again.

If you like NXT or Meguiars #7 or #26 then you owe it to yourself to try #21 Synthetic sealant.

Mike also remember white is a more forgiving paint color to the eye compared to black . :)

Mike also remember white is a more forgiving paint color to the eye compared to black . :)

Very True, but the same applied to my WE4 and Turbo Teg. All I have ever used is cheap wax. After applying it frequently it builds a solid base on the paint that I up keep with a microfiber cloth and some Meguiers spray detailer.

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

Yeah, well I'm not gunna lie I don't have the time to wax my car twice a week or keep it spotless in between washes, so I guess some of us ARE looking for a product that will do most of the work for us. :p

Zymol paste
I like it because you take it off wet very little white powder
I hand buff it
paint is 6 yrs old

Attachments

• 84GN 1.jpg
    84GN 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 411
I use Griots Garage products. As a matter of fact, I had the chance last night to detail it for the first time since I bought it in April....came out awesome...i used their machine polish 3, then best of show wax.....could have cheated and used the paint sealant and been done in an hour, but I like to struggle

Use 3M hand glaze. It doesn't protect and build like wax, but really good for the show quality shine and repelling dust. It's the only thing that I've used for 7 years.

Pinnacle Souveran paste is great for a Black Show Car finish, but the prep work or polishing prior to wax is the key to making a car look its best.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. (I didn't think anyone here would have heard of souveran)

A good natural carnuba over 3M's hand glaze will blow anyone elses stuff away. Though, I learned, that no matter what anyone else says, hand application is NO WHERE NEAR as good as putting it on with a wheel. The glaze even shines deeper. I did both, and the wheel was SOO much better as far as the quality of depth. Use it for both the glaze and the wax. Practice on your buddies car first though lol. By the way, Tech Wax SUCKS. BAD. :)

A quick word of advice though. You can't 'stain the paint'.....There's clearcoat above it. Secondly, no matter what the bottle says, your wax's 'oils' aren't 'nourishing' your paint lol. It just doesn't work that way.

Whats the best wax to use for the original, 21 year old laquer paint on my car?:confused: