Best wax for black?

I'm looking for a show car finish. .......:eek:
and the car still has O.E. paint also.

I've used color-match wax before and it still comes out with the same flaws that you'd expect from regular wax, I think the "colored wax" thing is a gimmick.

I have never tried it for myself (or been able to afford it), but check out the Zaino products. Everyone raves about them. I've seen it used in person on a friends newer purple GTO and it does look good.

hey i use the nano car detailer which work good no car washes in 2 years just detailing, removes a good amount of swirl marks and all water marks:biggrin: :biggrin: i will hopefully be at the elmhurst BOP show and can give you some to try out before you spend your money IF YOU ARE GOING also my paint original too

I just bought the zaino show car kit but have not
tried it yet. Was just trying to learn from everyone else's
mistakes......:biggrin:

You won't regret going with Zaino. I have been using it for about a year and have no complaints. Great product.

I think you made a wise decison with Zaino. I will be purchasing another kit for my car in a few weeks.

Which products do you guys go with from Zaino? I remember when they had 2 or 3 things for sale, now they have multiple pages of products.

I've been using the Zaino stuff for 7 years now. I have always used the Z5,Z6,ZFX products and have always been amazed at my vehicles appearance afterwards. The paint on my old Syclone and my Buick always looks about 3 feet deep!

I tried the colored wax once and will never use it again. I had to spend 4 hours trying to get it off becuase it left black stains in the paint. I ended up having to buff the car to get it out.:mad: The best wax I have ever used is Mothers!

I've been using Meguiar's "Gold Class" for a while now and I'm pretty pleased with the results...

Claude ;)

Use 3M hand glaze. It doesn't protect and build like wax, but really good for the show quality shine and repelling dust. It's the only thing that I've used for 7 years.

Use 3M hand glaze. It doesn't protect and build like wax, but really good for the show quality shine and repelling dust. It's the only thing that I've used for 7 years.
Are you using that by hand or by machine?
Different brands of glaze used here, some work differently, & some don't work at all.

Meguires #7 followed by #26. Talked to a guy (chemist) that makes high end white carnuba wax (8 oz. tin $200) and he recommended these for the average joe. He's into all the pebble beach stuff that costs several grand for a small amount of wax. He wasn't fond of the zaino stuff. We used zaino on my brothers camaro and liked it.

Meguires #7 followed by #26. Talked to a guy (chemist) that makes high end white carnuba wax (8 oz. tin $200) and he recommended these for the average joe. He's into all the pebble beach stuff that costs several grand for a small amount of wax. He wasn't fond of the zaino stuff. We used zaino on my brothers camaro and liked it.

The sky is the limit with wax. I have seen small expensive jars range from $500 to $35k...:eek: For the average detailer Zaino works very well. There is definately better stuff out there but where does one draw the line?

The prep and paint are still the reason a car looks good after a grueling detail, not the wax itself.

You can't make chicken salad from chicken sht as the phrase goes.....

WAXES Page 2

Carnuba Plus (they have it mispelled)

Discovered this stuff at a large car show several years back and its made just for Black and dark colored paints.
It is very very easy to work with and doesnt leave the swirls.

I use Zaino also, looks good but close the hood and your finger prints are visable!!:eek: