You can type here any text you want

Best wax for black?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm looking for a show car finish. .......:eek:
and the car still has O.E. paint also.

I've used color-match wax before and it still comes out with the same flaws that you'd expect from regular wax, I think the "colored wax" thing is a gimmick.

I have never tried it for myself (or been able to afford it), but check out the Zaino products. Everyone raves about them. I've seen it used in person on a friends newer purple GTO and it does look good.

hey i use the nano car detailer which work good no car washes in 2 years just detailing, removes a good amount of swirl marks and all water marks:biggrin: :biggrin: i will hopefully be at the elmhurst BOP show and can give you some to try out before you spend your money IF YOU ARE GOING also my paint original too

I just bought the zaino show car kit but have not
tried it yet. Was just trying to learn from everyone else's
mistakes......:biggrin:

You won't regret going with Zaino. I have been using it for about a year and have no complaints. Great product.

I think you made a wise decison with Zaino. I will be purchasing another kit for my car in a few weeks.

Which products do you guys go with from Zaino? I remember when they had 2 or 3 things for sale, now they have multiple pages of products.

I've been using the Zaino stuff for 7 years now. I have always used the Z5,Z6,ZFX products and have always been amazed at my vehicles appearance afterwards. The paint on my old Syclone and my Buick always looks about 3 feet deep!

I tried the colored wax once and will never use it again. I had to spend 4 hours trying to get it off becuase it left black stains in the paint. I ended up having to buff the car to get it out.:mad: The best wax I have ever used is Mothers!

I've been using Meguiar's "Gold Class" for a while now and I'm pretty pleased with the results...

Claude ;)

Use 3M hand glaze. It doesn't protect and build like wax, but really good for the show quality shine and repelling dust. It's the only thing that I've used for 7 years.

Use 3M hand glaze. It doesn't protect and build like wax, but really good for the show quality shine and repelling dust. It's the only thing that I've used for 7 years.
Are you using that by hand or by machine?
Different brands of glaze used here, some work differently, & some don't work at all.

Meguires #7 followed by #26. Talked to a guy (chemist) that makes high end white carnuba wax (8 oz. tin $200) and he recommended these for the average joe. He's into all the pebble beach stuff that costs several grand for a small amount of wax. He wasn't fond of the zaino stuff. We used zaino on my brothers camaro and liked it.

Meguires #7 followed by #26. Talked to a guy (chemist) that makes high end white carnuba wax (8 oz. tin $200) and he recommended these for the average joe. He's into all the pebble beach stuff that costs several grand for a small amount of wax. He wasn't fond of the zaino stuff. We used zaino on my brothers camaro and liked it.

The sky is the limit with wax. I have seen small expensive jars range from $500 to $35k...:eek: For the average detailer Zaino works very well. There is definately better stuff out there but where does one draw the line?

The prep and paint are still the reason a car looks good after a grueling detail, not the wax itself.

You can't make chicken salad from chicken sht as the phrase goes.....

WAXES Page 2

Carnuba Plus (they have it mispelled)

Discovered this stuff at a large car show several years back and its made just for Black and dark colored paints.
It is very very easy to work with and doesnt leave the swirls.

I use Zaino also, looks good but close the hood and your finger prints are visable!!:eek:

Back