Best way to determine your turn on point?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I've heard that you should set it about 2 lbs. before you get knock running just 93 without the alchy.I've been able to run 19 lbs. of boost without knock on 93 pump gas, so should I be setting my turn on point to 17 lbs? I see where most are setting their turn on points at around 12-14 lbs. Does that mean you're seeing knock at 14-16 lbs. on pump gas/no alchy? I'm just trying to figure out how everyone is determining their turn on point.I'm sure alot of alchy users who are having problems figuring out how to tune these kits would appreciate some help too.

The Darkside:cool:

I searched on this board and found a really great way to tune the alky kit. It took me so long to get the tune right, until I read the thread.
What you do is, get on a highway. Set your turn on point low, we're talkin' like 10psi. Make some high speed blasts, and adjust your pump speed for no knock. Just adjust the pump speed knob. Then when you have it turned as low as it will go with no knock, you've set the pump speed. Now it's time to adjust turn on point. Adjust that knob, make a blast... if there's no knock, then make the turn-on point a couple more psi. Make another blast, and continue till you see a little knock. Then turn the turn-on point knob back a little. Thanks to whoever first posted this.
:)

Are we talking about leaving it in 3rd gear & doing afrom 60 mph punch up to around 90 or so for the pump speed setting, then doing maybe going from a 30 mph punch to get the turn on point ?

The Darkside:cool: