best way to Lock-up?

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I posted. I changed my TCC solenoid (believed to be sticking) and added a deep alum pan with a 700 filter.

Now I want to wire it up to lock up in 4th like the one wire diagram linked above in ths thread. I can source the 8627332 switch through GM, but will take around 10 working days to get up to Canada.

Can I use the TCI N/O two terminal pres. switch that came in TCI's kit?
How do I wire this in?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I posted. I changed my TCC solenoid (believed to be sticking) and added a deep alum pan with a 700 filter.

Now I want to wire it up to lock up in 4th like the one wire diagram linked above in ths thread. I can source the 8627332 switch through GM, but will take around 10 working days to get up to Canada.

Can I use the TCI N/O two terminal pres. switch that came in TCI's kit?
How do I wire this in?

Thanks for any help.

Good Diagram here.>> 700-r4 / 4L60 converter lock up wire diagram :biggrin:

O.K. :smile:

I'll follow this wiring diagram and ground the black wire to one of the valve body bolts.

Before I put the pan and fluid back, I'll put the key ignition on, my L.E.D. will turn on, will I hear the TCC solenoid click on? Put the brakes on and the solenoid will click off?

Obviously wired through the brake switch.

O.K. :smile:

I'll follow this wiring diagram and ground the black wire to one of the valve body bolts.

Before I put the pan and fluid back, I'll put the key ignition on, my L.E.D. will turn on, will I hear the TCC solenoid click on? Put the brakes on and the solenoid will click off?

Obviously wired through the brake switch.

If you bypassed the 4th Pressure Switch it would click. TCC Solenoid will only receive 12V when in 4th gear & 4th Pr. Switch completes the circuit.
Use a Test Light or Volt/Ohm meter to make sure you have a Ground on the Vbody bolt. If not run a Ground wire from Trans to frame/engine etc..