You can type here any text you want

beware t type on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

t-typinator

I hope this isn't against the rules but,just wanted to warn prospective buyers that there may be something,not quite right with a car up for auction on ebay right now.So it should be looked into if you are bidding, maybe the owner will see this + shed some light.
It's a black t t-ype in ma.
It was on ebay for sale + auction,+ he listed wanted a quick sale,$4200 or b.o. + wanted it sold before the weekend was over, i'm only 30 miles away so i called him ,left a couple messages i believ fri + sat saying i'm close by + would like to come check it out., never heard from him, called + left messages a couple more times no returned calls. Now it's not for sale on there anymore just for auction,+ his phone # is no longer there in the ad to ask questions or contact him etc.
+ now at the bottom of his ad it says"All sales are final,I do not accept returns"
I looked around to see if it's advertised locally anywhere,+ i can't find it anywhere.
It just seems strange that he wanted it sold imedietly,but when a local person wants to check it out ,he doesn't call back + then takes away the sales part of it + just takes bids,chages the ad, + also removes his phone # .
All i'm saying is buyer beware on this one.
Maybe i'm wrong + it's all very innocent,+ if it is i apologise,but i've never run into anything like that ,I would insist on seeing the car before sending money + waiting for it to be shipped somewhere.

The wording in the ad probably is a clue to it being a scam...
The pics may end up being of someone elses car!

I agree with this,I got his phone number and called and left messages and numerous e-mails saying I wanted to look,It is back up again,I shot him a message on e-bay yesterday saying I can come tonight with cash,he responded back with"what time can you come?" and I sent back"right now"Well it has been two days and nothing,I also tried calling and his phone has always gone directly to voicemail.If someone tells you they will pay you what you want,and bring cash that day and they stop responding?Zero feedback on top of that spells trouble but I would have looked the car over,but I am now done playing with this guy,good luck.

Is it the Burgandy car with the blue tarp on it ? If it is then it was sold to a guy in CT for $5500

Is it the Burgandy car with the blue tarp on it ? If it is then it was sold to a guy in CT for $5500

No it's black,with ugly chrome exhaust tips sticking straight out the back of the car,t-roofs,it's still active on ebay now.people must have caught on because bidding has stalled at 2200.

There is also a 99 camaro z/28 on boston craigs list right now that is very fishy,
there seems to be alot of that around here(everywhere i guess tho).
i emailed the guy + got some weird replies,+ see what happened when a guy showed up with cash to buy the car.
just go to boston craig list + put in camaro z/28, + look for the post that says- RE 1999 camaro z28 1 owner 152k. It was posted 11-14-10

well incase you can't find it ,here is what it says,the guy showed up with cash + was going to buy the car,+ was told he couldn't pay cash, but he could leave a deposit + come back later with a bank check for the rest,+ that there was 3 diff people involved with the transaction.He thinks they were collecting deposits on the car,+ going to run off with the money.my guess is each time someone would show up to buy it,a diff person took the deposit.

Thats the one. Did you have a prob with that one also?

A friend did. They fed him a Line of BS. Seems to be a LOT of scammers.

You can tell when the photo looks like FLORIDA & they Post in BOSTON. there are NO PALM trees in boston! LOL :biggrin:

I texted that guy about the Regal and got no reply as well... definitely a scam but if not, it looked like a heap anyway.

Hello all. This is my first reply on this site although I've been monitoring for about 6 months now. Very impressed with amount of information/assistance available. I didn't catch the buy it now add on Ebay but saw the auction. I was able to find its location and did a quick driveby. I'm about 15 min away.
He replied back that it would be available for showing tonight (Thursday) but I can't make it until tommorow. So I'm waiting to hear back. Also this car was on Craig's list back in the spring/early summer for 4250 B/O if I remember right.

as long as ya see it in person I don't see a problem.. Just look it over good. Oh I would NOT leave a deposit !!! If ya want it (make sure he has the title) pay in cash an drive it home !!! Good Luck !!

as long as ya see it in person I don't see a problem.. Just look it over good. Oh I would NOT leave a deposit !!! If ya want it (make sure he has the title) pay in cash an drive it home !!! Good Luck !!

Thats the problem he won't let you see it.

I'm figuring he is looking for a long distance,sight unseen buyer.

Hello all. This is my first reply on this site although I've been monitoring for about 6 months now. Very impressed with amount of information/assistance available. I didn't catch the buy it now add on Ebay but saw the auction. I was able to find its location and did a quick driveby. I'm about 15 min away.
He replied back that it would be available for showing tonight (Thursday) but I can't make it until tommorow. So I'm waiting to hear back. Also this car was on Craig's list back in the spring/early summer for 4250 B/O if I remember right.

It says you did a quick driveby,does that mean you saw the car?
How did you get the location of the car?
Everytime i called it went straight to voice mail + never got a reply now there is no ph# in his ad.

He replied back that it would be available for showing tonight (Thursday) but I can't make it until tommorow. So I'm waiting to hear back. Also this car was on Craig's list back in the spring/early summer for 4250 B/O if I remember right.[/QUOTE]

A buddy of mine called me today + said the same thing ,that he thinks this is the one that was on craigs list a few months ago ,+ people had wrote replies after seeing it, I don't want to say what the problems were because i don't know if this is that car,I was thinking that was a white one,that got the bad replies, but he says no it was that car.( he didn't answer his calls either by the way.)

If anybody does get to look at this car tonight,i'd like to hear from them,because it's now got my curiosity,as to why local cash buyers were not allowed to see it.+ i never even got a reply, after a few calls, + he wanted it sold so quick.

I do still have his phone # if someone is serious about bidding on this car,+ wants to get to the bottom of the mystery.Maybe he will answer your calls + shed some light,maybe it's all just a big mistake.

On Wed. I was also told I could come by and see the car tonight (Thursday) via e-mail,never did I get a phone call or e-mail today,although I didn't expect this to become a deal I was going to look at it if it did,it is now 6 p.m. and no call,I am looking for just a drive train anyway.I am sure he was shown this thread and got cold feet,JMO..hope this helps.

On Wed. I was also told I could come by and see the car tonight (Thursday) via e-mail,never did I get a phone call or e-mail today,although I didn't expect this to become a deal I was going to look at it if it did,it is now 6 p.m. and no call,I am looking for just a drive train anyway.I am sure he was shown this thread and got cold feet,JMO..hope this helps.

It's too bad you can't warn people on ebay,about things like this.
If this is the car,that was on craigs list + got all the negative feed back,then you prob didn't want this drivetrain anyway.
It looks like he answers e-mails,but only by e-mail, + not by phone, + all seem just to be a stalling tactic,never delivering.

Somebody out there must know this car + or guy, whats the scoop.

It says you did a quick driveby,does that mean you saw the car?
How did you get the location of the car?
Everytime i called it went straight to voice mail + never got a reply now there is no ph# in his ad.

I did see the car. A connection with the local PD found the address by using the VIN #. As i said it was just a drive by and I didn't/Couldn't get out to check it out. Hopefully there is a reply from him about seeing it tomorrow.

I did see the car. A connection with the local PD found the address by using the VIN #. As i said it was just a drive by and I didn't/Couldn't get out to check it out. Hopefully there is a reply from him about seeing it tomorrow.

Is it in a really bad area? That was one of the complaints on the one that was on craigs list a few months ago,people were nervous about even getting out of the car to look at it?

Back