You can type here any text you want

beware t type on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's too bad you can't warn people on ebay,about things like this.
If this is the car,that was on craigs list + got all the negative feed back,then you prob didn't want this drivetrain anyway.
It looks like he answers e-mails,but only by e-mail, + not by phone, + all seem just to be a stalling tactic,never delivering.

Somebody out there must know this car + or guy, whats the scoop.

The person would be warned about this car if they did a little research ,I just Googled "T-Type on E-bay" and guess what came up,:biggrin:Google is a big help......

The person would be warned about this car if they did a little research ,I just Googled "T-Type on E-bay" and guess what came up,:biggrin:Google is a big help......

but i don't know how many people would think to do that if they were bidding on a car on ebay.

I did see the car. A connection with the local PD found the address by using the VIN #. As i said it was just a drive by and I didn't/Couldn't get out to check it out. Hopefully there is a reply from him about seeing it tomorrow.

Hmm, :confused: i'll be surprised if their is.

Is it in a really bad area? That was one of the complaints on the one that was on craigs list a few months ago,people were nervous about even getting out of the car to look at it?

The neighborhood seemed a little strange, but being from a city that didn't bother me. The car was well off the road in his yard and I didn't want to wander around without actually speaking to him first.

Okay, I decided to take another try at seeing this car. Owner wasn't home but his father came out to show it. The car cold started up and ran fine. Surged a little until it warmed up then ran smooth. Unfortunately it looks like it has been outside the entire time he has owned it and it would need a complete restoration to be somewhat presentable. I'm guessing those pics are of when he first got the car. It seemed to be a low optioned car. Didn't see any power anything. I'm glad I got to see it before bidding because it definitely needs more work than I'm willing to put into it. The price does reflect its condition. Car is on Primose Rd In Billerica if anyone else wants to give it a try. Good Luck!

I'm wonderng if the father will be instructed not to show it,again.seems strange the owner won't show it,but someone shows up at the door + is shown the car by the father.
I was hoping someone would get to drive it because if it is the one that was on craigslist,+ got the feedback from a few people,there is drivetrain probs,(again i don't know if this is that car)I would just suggest to anybody bidding to talk to this owner + question it thoroughly,or if possible drive it.because a few locals have had,lets say less then upfront dealings with the owner.
Did anyone who was told they could see it yesterday or today get to check it out,with the owner,+ actually drive it.he says it is registered in the ad.
I would also guess that the owner has seen or heard about this thread,+ the absense of response is glaring.
I hate to be so hard on a seller,but when you treat buyers,like that + do shady things,you invite doubt + criticism.
about the price reflective of the condition,remember the price was taken off,+ is now just up for bid.Who knows what someone may bid for it.( any interested buyers were not able to even look at it)(The only person who got to look was someone who had to do detective work + show up unannouced + then shown by a family member.)
Well i did my job + warned people of my experience with the seller + others did too,so hopefully it saved someone some headaches.At the very least it should make people question it a little better if they are trying to buy it.My advice,TALK TO THE SELLER, leave him your PHone # + ask for his, if he doesn't get back to you,except with an email,you know something is wrong.
I'm thinking that we will hear more about this car in the future.
Even if you win the bid + it seems like a good deal,now you have to deal with a ghost of a seller,+ try to collect your car,from someone who doesn't return calls + only replies with e-mails that just seem to stall + never go anywhere.
O.k. I'm done. people's dun bin warned.
I do still have his ph# if it is needed in the future.+ now people know of the whereabouts of the car too which is a plus.

Seems like most any seller, that he is trying to get the highest buck for it that is why it is on ebay. I can understand it.
What I cant understand is not showing it.

Yes this was on CL back in spring.

Next time If you do find a car like this I would put in in the Internet Auction Finds & Possible Frauds section here on TB. Not here on Cars for sale. I am surprised the moderator has not moved it?

You are actually giving him a boost of buyers by placing this here.

Seems like most any seller, that he is trying to get the highest buck for it that is why it is on ebay. I can understand it.
What I cant understand is not showing it.

Yes this was on CL back in spring.

Next time If you do find a car like this I would put in in the Internet Auction Finds & Possible Frauds section here on TB. Not here on Cars for sale. I am surprised the moderator has not moved it?

You are actually giving him a boost of buyers by placing this here.

I don't have a problem with him putting it on ebay,just the way he has done the whole thing.(Not showing it,removing ph #,not returning people's calls,jerking people around with e-mails,etc.) i'm just warning people to be leary because this is not exactly the typical car for sale situation,it's very odd,+ should be aproached with caution.

I realize this car was on cl earlier in the yr. I just don't know if this is the one that got a bunch of really bad feedback,
Ya i thought of that too ,that i might be sending buyers his way, but I would think that they would at least be very careful.
Also i didn't know there was a possible fraud section,your right thats prob where this thread should be,but it looks like alot of people saw it here + chances are if someone is looking for a tr ,on ebay they may also be looking for one on the for sale section here,but i have no objection if they want to move it to the correct area.
I'm still wondering if anybody who was told they could see it yesterday or today,got to see it.
There is just so many scams + crooked car dealers around here,That when i run into something that is questionable,I like to let it be known.

I don't have a problem with him putting it on ebay,just the way he has done the whole thing.(Not showing it,removing ph #,not returning people's calls,jerking people around with e-mails,etc.) i'm just warning people to be leary because this is not exactly the typical car for sale situation,it's very odd,+ should be aproached with caution.

I realize this car was on cl earlier in the yr. I just don't know if this is the one that got a bunch of really bad feedback,
Ya i thought of that too ,that i might be sending buyers his way, but I would think that they would at least be very careful.
Also i didn't know there was a possible fraud section,your right thats prob where this thread should be,but it looks like alot of people saw it here + chances are if someone is looking for a tr ,on ebay they may also be looking for one on the for sale section here,but i have no objection if they want to move it to the correct area.
I'm still wondering if anybody who was told they could see it yesterday or today,got to see it.
There is just so many scams + crooked car dealers around here,That when i run into something that is questionable,I like to let it be known.

The person that buys this most likley cut it up for parts.

Not all Buick buyers hangout here. I am amazed at how many guys give you a strange look when you mention TB.com.. It happen this summer at the Bud Show a guy came down from Northern NH,, It was like he was living under a rock. :biggrin:

Judging by the leaves on and around the car it hasn't been driven in some time. It is still registered though. The father was more than accomodating to me but I don't know what the deal is with the owner. I never recieved a response back about showing/seeing the car.

Judging by the leaves on and around the car it hasn't been driven in some time. It is still registered though. The father was more than accomodating to me but I don't know what the deal is with the owner. I never recieved a response back about showing/seeing the car.

Yaeh ,now imagine being in california + winning the bid on the car + having to try to deal with this guy to get your car + title etc.+ have to depend on him to help you deal with the company picking it up etc.not to mention not being able to speak to the seller to get info on the car other then what is written in the ad.
Has anybody ever gotten to actually talk to him on the phone,either from e-mailing him on ebay,or from calling the # when he had it up?

Personally I would never buy a car off ebay. I did bid on one locally and the guy let me go over to fitchberg mass to look at it after the high bidder flaked out of the deal.

I did sell one to a guy & he picked it up here in New england and was taken back home to OKLAHOMA on big rig with a wheat machine picked up at Baltimore port.

Yaeh ,now imagine being in california + winning the bid on the car + having to try to deal with this guy to get your car + title etc.+ have to depend on him to help you deal with the company picking it up etc.not to mention not being able to speak to the seller to get info on the car other then what is written in the ad.
Has anybody ever gotten to actually talk to him on the phone,either from e-mailing him on ebay,or from calling the # when he had it up?

This guy sent me an e-mail and said I could come by and look at it this a.m. and he may not be there,mind you he has my phone number and waited 4 days to contact me with his address,it is no doubt to me that he is watching this thread as he gave me his address after it was posted here,after seeing how this guy conducts himself,I would not buy a weedwacker from him even if it was new in the box.There has to be a story with this car.the car goes off Sunday morning,With his feedback of 1 and the high bidder with 1,I'm sure this is a very honest auction.

Okay, I decided to take another try at seeing this car. Owner wasn't home but his father came out to show it. The car cold started up and ran fine. Surged a little until it warmed up then ran smooth. Unfortunately it looks like it has been outside the entire time he has owned it and it would need a complete restoration to be somewhat presentable. I'm guessing those pics are of when he first got the car. It seemed to be a low optioned car. Didn't see any power anything. I'm glad I got to see it before bidding because it definitely needs more work than I'm willing to put into it. The price does reflect its condition. Car is on Primose Rd In Billerica if anyone else wants to give it a try. Good Luck!

Did you ask the father if you could drive the car?

This guy sent me an e-mail and said I could come by and look at it this a.m. and he may not be there,mind you he has my phone number and waited 4 days to contact me with his address,it is no doubt to me that he is watching this thread as he gave me his address after it was posted here,after seeing how this guy conducts himself,I would not buy a weedwacker from him even if it was new in the box.There has to be a story with this car.the car goes off Sunday morning,With his feedback of 1 and the high bidder with 1,I'm sure this is a very honest auction.

Why wouldn't he just call you + talk to you? a prospective local buyer.
+ you know if he says he may not be there ,then he won't be.I pity the long distance buyer who wins this bid if they havn't seen this.

The auction has ended early,the ad is gone,I wonder why He would do this 12 hours before the end?............hmmmm.

Back