BIG PARTS LIST, More Parts cars!!!

Looking for a good ECM Harness

I have an '86 gn and my ECM cable needs to be replaced since it has issues.
Considered buying a splice kit with new ends but if I can find a nice one without issues for the right price, that would be good. I move the computer with car running then it sputters and check engine light comes on. I expect something is not making contact or shorting out.
Please let me know if you have a nice quality harness or I may need to buy kit and cut and soldier a new one on.
Kevin.

I have an '86 gn and my ECM cable needs to be replaced since it has issues.
Considered buying a splice kit with new ends but if I can find a nice one without issues for the right price, that would be good. I move the computer with car running then it sputters and check engine light comes on. I expect something is not making contact or shorting out.
Please let me know if you have a nice quality harness or I may need to buy kit and cut and soldier a new one on.
Kevin.

You should be carfull because you may start burning out diffirent parts, try to splace and then I can send you a known good one, Ive had this probem before but ended with problems, a bad harnesses which burned out a ton of parts only to be hack aftermarket wiring harnesses, will cost you a lot of money and they will blame everyone but you!. After market seems to be most probems. Junk wire made in China, but assembled in America(Many companys), be careful because al the American companys seem to send there harnesses to China, which is all JUNK!!! Regardless of there name. Cheap wire and cheap assembly is why they are so cheap, it sort of makes me laugh because a very well know company doesnt want me to say who they are and they are really bad!!!!! Im kept sient!

So you have a good one you said you can send me?
Is it from a junked GN?
What will it cost me?
Thanks for the advice!!!

So you have a good one you said you can send me?
Is it from a junked GN?
What will it cost me?
Thanks for the advice!!!

Yep, I have one that is a used GM, known good harness. Its from one of the cars that I'm parting. I don't want to see anyone go thru the night mare I did with an after market harness. I replaced everything electrical under the hood, only to find out it was multiple issues within the after market harness. I rarely give my opinion on anything but it was an 8 month night mare.

$250 shipping included.

ECM Harness

I understand you need to remove the fender to replace the ECM harness.
The troubling thing is the computer in my GN was not moved all the time to swap chips since I only did it infrequently, so I am wondering if I spend the $250 for your harness, what are the chances of running into the same thing shortly down the road with a harness that is problematic?

I understand you need to remove the fender to replace the ECM harness.
The troubling thing is the computer in my GN was not moved all the time to swap chips since I only did it infrequently, so I am wondering if I spend the $250 for your harness, what are the chances of running into the same thing shortly down the road with a harness that is problematic?

Have you narrowed it down to what wires are bad. It may not be the harness. It would really suck to pull the harness out only to find out it wasnt the harness. Also check to see if any of the wires have pulled out of the plug going into the ECM. I had a friend who had a problem with his fuel pump shutting off, and then starting for no reason. He replaced his fuel pump, installed a hot wire kit, etc.Still same problem. Turned out it was one wire going into the ecm was loose. He fixed the pin and the problem was fixed.

Perhaps I will have to see if i can narrow it down to 1 wire.
All I know is when I move the ECM it sputters and check engine light comes on. Thanks.