You can type here any text you want

Big Stuff 3 vs. FAST vs. MAP PRO????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

L8TRH8R

Which of these is the best for a T/R? I'm having tuning issues and need all the help I can get on this thing!!:redface:

It really depends on your combination. I use all 3. Feel free to call me at the shop if youd like to talk about it.

none is a good choice to "solve problems"

If there is something wrong with the car, troubleshoot it first.

B

Good advice, Bob.

As far as comparison, it depends on your combination, ability, and budget.

If your combination is conservative, stick with the stock ecu. Most people swap to an aftermarket ecu once they start running deep in the 10's. As far as comparing, the Accell, BS3 and XFI will get you similar results. It boils down to technical support.

This post probably belongs in another section.

I realized I had put this in the wrong forum after sending it in. Sorry. The car is in the tens already. I'm to the point that I know it's PROBABLY time to ditch the stock ECM and had a friend suggest the Big Stuff 3 as he's heard a lot of turbo guys are using it. However, all he knows are big block turbo guys so I thought my fellow T/R guys would be a better help!:biggrin:

When I had the BIG Stuff, it did ok, but we had service issues. I sold the unit and went XFI, Jan has sence added another 300 horses, due to easier tune ability with my set up. Just my opinion

When I had the BIG Stuff, it did ok, but we had service issues. I sold the unit and went XFI, Jan has sence added another 300 horses, due to easier tune ability with my set up. Just my opinion

Quint, there are pro-mod cars running 4.0x 1/8th mile times running LOTS of alcohol running BS3 systems. There is no question that there has been some dealers that dropped the ball on some customers, but I have NEVER had a problem that I have not been able to fix with the guys in my corner. John Meaney has always went out of the way to help answer questions we have had. Both systems are easy to tune when you know what you are doing and spend time with each system, I'm surprised Jan would make such a statement.

L8TRH8R: Each system has it's plus and minus. If you plan on using a tuner then use his advice. I know Cal tunes both systems with success.

Your right. Lawrence Conley Preferred Big stuff3, Jan the other. Each Tuner has his or her preference, tuning etc.

Back