big time codes

robbyredneck

yesterday i posted water temp code. well i checked it and sender is fine. today i have every code in the ecm practically 12,13,22,23,24,43,44,45,51,52,55. yeh needless to say the car went from running poorly to not at all. it all started when i went to tune with translator+ it got choppy then cleared up. a couple of weeks ago i got a burning rubber/plastic smell under hood. and when i jiggled the motor harness today the codes exploded. but i havent investigated further. yeh i know find where the stink was coming from. by the way my blms were in the basement. will opening the grounds or shorting hot cause this. bad ecm.(modded for big injectors.) thanks in advance.

robbyredneck said:
yesterday i posted water temp code. well i checked it and sender is fine. today i have every code in the ecm practically 12,13,22,23,24,43,44,45,51,52,55. yeh needless to say the car went from running poorly to not at all. it all started when i went to tune with translator+ it got choppy then cleared up. a couple of weeks ago i got a burning rubber/plastic smell under hood. and when i jiggled the motor harness today the codes exploded. but i havent investigated further. yeh i know find where the stink was coming from. by the way my blms were in the basement. will opening the grounds or shorting hot cause this. bad ecm.(modded for big injectors.) thanks in advance.

Most likely, Your ECM is on it’s way out. Was this a reman unit? See link in sig for ECM.

Recheck the Trans+ connections. Also, are you running Direct Scan? An improper connection or an unshielded cable on Driect Scan can caue a litany of trouble code.

now no start

thanks, it seems maf and/or comp related any more info would be helpfull. now it no starts. i use turbolink and its been pretty good. when my codes went off the voltage at the esc flashed .5. i checked all the main grounds and supply.

robbyredneck said:
thanks, it seems maf and/or comp related any more info would be helpfull. now it no starts. i use turbolink and its been pretty good. when my codes went off the voltage at the esc flashed .5. i checked all the main grounds and supply.
All I can say is this: Had the EXACT same thing happen, suddenly, out of nowhere. I "limped" home. Replaced the reman ECM and had another reman failure after 20 miles. Purchased 2 (had to get a spare) from Red_Regal_T and have not looked back.

Edit;
Correction. First ECM failure took 3 weeks to figure out. It dropped cyl no 6 (plug was wet) Replaced injector wiring, plug wires, plugs. module, coil, injector, traced wires, etc etc. Second unit went out with all the codes you are seeing. Third unit lasted 20 miles. My current unit from RedRegalT is still running 1800 miles later.

thanks so much for info. i sent my ecm and trans+ back to full throttle . (they did ecm mod) so mike could check it. i have never hoped for bad news this much in my life. i can't believe how helpfull the guys in this community are and any and all information is good. keep it coming.