Big tires. 295/55's

toomanymodz

I've gotten a few inquiries about the big tires on my car. They are Mickey Thompson 295/55-15's mounted on Weld Star R/T wheels. The wheels are 15x9 with 4 1/2 back spacing. No rear spacers were needed, but I did have to slightly trim the passenger side fender lip since the rear isn't perfectly centered.

The front's are 15x5's. I found that the Weld dust caps didn't fit, plus I didn't like how far under the car the front wheels were, so I solved it with these spacer/adapters:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/3611/10002/-1
Now the front wheels look great, as they are now consistent with the rear wheels.
IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

I have the same rims and I'm having a prob finding the front caps where did you get yours?

N. Ramos
Brooklyn NY

I have the same wheels & tire but with a 15x10 ......... Nelson looks like he has wheel spacers on the front

I have the same wheels & tire but with a 15x10 ......... Nelson looks like he has wheel spacers on the front
JR...your car has the best look I've seen so far. It's been my desktop for a long time now. I hope my 10's and 295's look that good when finished.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the same rims and I'm having a prob finding the front caps where did you get yours?

N. Ramos
Brooklyn NY
If you mean center caps, I had the same problem. Weld offers a center cap that is about an inch longer that works.

Yes ment center caps. If by any chance you happen to have the item number that will be helpful. Or maybe you could give me a number where you got them. Thanks for your help

N. Ramos
Brooklyn NY

You need part # 605-5083B
The msrp is about $14 each. I got my mine through McCormack racing. Weld themselves won't sell you anything, but they should be able to tell you where to get some if you don't wanna use mccormack.

I should mention that part # is for a black center cap. I know they offer a polished one as well.

1373372683447.jpg
I also run them on 10 inch love them!!! When my car is running that is.

View attachment 194534 I also run them on 10 inch love them!!! When my car is running that is.

This looks sick are there any others with photos of this set up? Currently running QT pro's 28X11.5X15 on 10" Pro Star's Think of a rim and tire change though this one is getting a little old lol.
ResizedImage_1383187100258.jpg
Milan 8-23-2014-2.jpg