BigDaddy

Turbobooster- it is a FP guage...I too wanted to put it in the car, but like boosted84 says, it is not safe...There are too many risks for putting it in the car. i most often see them mounted on the edge of the hood right under the wipers, so that the driver can see it from the driver seat.

There is a tire-like valve under the cap at the end of the fuel rail on the d/s...If you go to any hardware store, just ask for a vlave remover...They'll prolly ask what kind and just tell em a tire valve. They are like, $1.00 or less!!! The one I have screws onto the valve stem like a tire cap, and its damn small.

As per the guage, it is an autometer gugage from a local speedshop. I mounted it on the rail because i dont want anything on my hood until the car is complete. i kept all the original parts though, like the valve and the cap, just incase...

John

Yes, the 3 gauge pod is made of stainless and then is covered in material.........the valve you guys are referring to is called a shrader valve.

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

BIG DADDY, LEE'S CAR IS BAD A**! IT LOOKED GOOD BEFORE PAINT, BUT LOOKS VERY SHARP NOW! LOOKING AT THE MOTOR AND I DON'T SEE THE INTERCOOLER. YOU CAN'T GO FAST WITHOUT ONE OF THOSE!HAHAHA!! I BET YOU HEARD THAT A FEW TIMES. YOU SAY IT AS A 70GT TURBO. IS THAT NEW? MY MOTOR IS DONE WITH ALL THE GOODYS AND OF COURSE ALL OF THE GREAT LT SUGGESTIONS AND GOODYS:D LEE, WHAT TURBO AND STALL SHOULD I PUT ON MY CAR? I HAVE FORGED PISTONS,STEEL CENTER CAPS,YOUR FAVORITE CAM,009'S AND YOUR DOWN PIPE AND HEADERS. ALSO WHAT CHIP TO START OUT WITH?

THANKS
ED FROM IOWA

Ed from Iowa

No 70 turbo---TA66---Get in touch with Eric Marshall (turbotreak) for chip.
Long time getting eng. done---sounds good.
See you @ BG this year?

OMG!!!! IT'S HIM!!!! ALMIGHTY!!!

Hey lee!!! congrats to you and your car...what a sharp looking t!!! Whyt he 87 grill? lol...It's a hot air at heart!

I was still sitting on what turbo to get...the TA54 or go larger like you have and get the TA66 I am aware still, that the compressor has to be re-clocked, and a plate has to be made to mount the TB, so.....I figure, just do it once and go big!!! right? lol

BTW, I was looking at a vigilante 9" lu 3200 stall...is that enough stall for the turbo? Alky kit on hold, and all the port work is done. My goal is still 11.5, if not better!

Looks great Lee...Good luck and damn nice ride. I cant wait to meet you in person!

John

The shop I took my motor to had it for a year and half:mad:!!!
The good thing is he's the best engine builder in Iowa and Nebraska. The car is not complete yet.
A good friend and I are doing the body. I've been so busy!!
I will see you in BG this year with or without my car!!
The 70 is on Big Daddy's motor. Do you think I should go with a TA66 and 9.5 3200?Thanks Alot Leeo.

Ed From Iowa

I guess

I don/t know if you can get a TA 66. Craig can build a good 62 in a Hot air unit. Yes on the Precision lockup---3200 stall (I believe that is a 0 pump). Lockup is a little harsh cruising but you/ll get used to it.

I'll call John and see what he can do!I'll order the converter and call Eric once I know what John can do for me. Can you tell me what alky syatem and where do i drill on the intake?

Thanks Ed From Iowa

they make a electronic fuel pressure sender to mount gauge inside vehicle. you can order it and guage from jegs or summit

Alky

Ed From Iowa---my alky setup is old school (so to speak). I would go with Razors progressive kit. Since he uses a different nozzle then mine, maybe he has a better location than me. I use multiple Aquamist nozzles and bring them on in stages--1-2-3. Also, by the time you buy all the necessary pieces like mine it would be more expensive then his. Is your intake back on yet? If not leave it off until you get your nozzles in. Sorry I can/t do pics but I can tell you over the phone. Best of luck.

lee,
do you build up pipes like the one on your car to sell? if so what kind of price ?
thanks keith

here is a pic of my intake conversion. it almost finished :)
im convinced the aluminum the hotair intakes are made of is recycled beer cans ,this is the worst aluminum to weld on the planet! and yes i must admit i borrowed the idea,because im to poor to pay 750 to have this done by the other guys! sorry .

Attachments

• intake conv. 1 resized.jpg
    intake conv. 1 resized.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 108
Hey lee...I was just browsing the Precisionturbo.net site and this caught my eye: TA64 Turbochager

Ever hear of it?

John

A TA64 for a hot air? I don't think precision does anything but the TA33 for a hot air. Just saying.

Hello jamie!!!

The TA 64 is for the IC cars. i would have to re-clock the compressor, and use a mount for the TB. I am told it is not very complicated, but a little difficult if the intake is on the car. From what I have been told, it is easier to mock up and intake (have a spare layin around) and get it all straightened out on a bench before trying the real application. Long story short, I plan on just selling off the hot air turbo, or sending it in for a core charge, but not re-using it, or another hot air turbo.

How is your car???

John