You can type here any text you want

Biggest streetable 4 bolt turbo and inj's....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Currently looking for a turbo/inj's upgrade for a stage 2 head motor 272 ci that must be enjoyable on the street.
Current fuel pump is a Weldon 2015 which i have no plans on upgrading.
At this moment i do not want a track only car and would like to street drive the car (Friday night cruise, odd day driving to work etc).
Still have a 200r4 trans which i assume i need to go to a turbo 400 real soon.
I do plan on going to the track, but do not have a trailer at this time..... but the future might possibly have one in store for me.
Thanks guys,
Mike.:wink:

When you need a tranny look me up I have PG/400's,350's,Aod's,3 200R4's all able to 1000 + HP.

Go with a set of 96#ers and a 76 GTS turbo.
I had this setup on my car good on the street.
And still went 147+ at 3615#s
And the GTS spools real well also

Currently looking for a turbo/inj's upgrade for a stage 2 head motor 272 ci that must be enjoyable on the street.
Current fuel pump is a Weldon 2015 which i have no plans on upgrading.
At this moment i do not want a track only car and would like to street drive the car (Friday night cruise, odd day driving to work etc).
Still have a 200r4 trans which i assume i need to go to a turbo 400 real soon.
I do plan on going to the track, but do not have a trailer at this time..... but the future might possibly have one in store for me.
Thanks guys,
Mike.:wink:

Sounds like you Otto;) minus the S2 part:mad: :biggrin:

I use 96# and 76 gtq and i drive it alot on the street when its nice out with a 200r4 trans.:)

I personally didnt like the 76gtq,The change to the 76 gts was huge over the gtq over 5 tenth and it street drove awesome.

not cheap, but awesome performance....

Mike, I have installed 2 of the dual-BB 70GTQ's that I got from Cal Hartline on local cars. Not sure what he had done to them, but they sure are a kick-ass turbo!

Nice street manners and awesome top end. You could run low 9's or better with your build and this turbo.:)

I personally didnt like the 76gtq,The change to the 76 gts was huge over the gtq over 5 tenth and it street drove awesome.
Ive got a 2800 to 3000 stall converter witch makes it nice for street driving(and a 1.40 60Ft).I believe the 76 gts is better piece (Put one on a buddy car and went 149 MPH)but you would need more than 3000 stall witch to me takes away from the street manners..Thats just me though:smile:

Ditto what Geno said. YOu will need a 4500 converter and it will take away from your streetability. Spool time on a 231 with a 3800 converter is about 5 seconds from idle to 10 psi. This makes it laggy on the street. I have downsized my turbo to 71 gts i can spool the same boost in 2 seconds........ SInce you have a bigger motor i suggest a 74 gts with a .81 a.r is what i am using. If you think its choking the motor go to a .96 but a back pressure gauge will tell you where your at.

Ditto what Geno said. YOu will need a 4500 converter and it will take away from your streetability. Spool time on a 231 with a 3800 converter is about 5 seconds from idle to 10 psi. This makes it laggy on the street. I have downsized my turbo to 71 gts i can spool the same boost in 2 seconds........

I had a convertor tha flashed to 2700-2800 at that GTS76 spooled wicked fast.
I dont feel in my opinion that a convertor of that size is to big for the street.
Under normal driving(without boost ) it drove great.I drove it 140 miles to the track and back.
The convertor was an Art Carr 9" non lockup
The same one most guys use all the time

I have a ptc which was made tight for street manners, could be that is the issue, but its no fun slipping at highway speeds with the gear vendors overdrive on and this converter gives me a compromise of both what i want. The art carrs slip too much up top as its been well discussed many times.

Norbs, i used to run a lt76gtq with an ATI converter that stalled at 2800rpm at 0.
This was on a 231 iron headed motor and spooled like a mother once i fine tuned my dfi (instant boost).......killer street combo with 96lb inj's!
So on a 272 motor it would be a torque monster.
Speaking of which, i have a 70gtq that if i swap out the exhaust housing (to 4 bolt) that would be a real torque monster!
Maybe you should check your tune if you have trouble getting turbos to spool.......

Everyone's idea of instant spool is different. Send me some datalogs from idle to a certain boost over time. I have all the software to read them, dfi, c-com, xfi, bs3, gen7 etc. I would be interested to see your results. My tune needs a bit of work but its not that far off. Spool characteristics are determined by the looseness of the converter cubiic inch, timing a/f etc. But the converter plays the most important role. If its loose on the bottom it will br loose around town, there is no other way out.

Back