You can type here any text you want

Biggest Turbo 4 Stock heads and cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Im asking again whats the biggest turbo i can run with stock heads and cam, In addition to what i have, bigger inj. and a restalled converter.

What type of times would you expect, My goal is low, low, 11's high 10's.

I have mph for mid 11's already, whats next for a turbo?

Te45a

Just Joking,

Yeah, with your current set up, a TE63 would do her justice nicely. So I agree with strikeeagle..... Would be a good choice!

Te45a

Just Joking,

Yeah, with your current set up, a TE-63 would do her justice nicely.

Some info it - 63mm comp wheel
950 CFM
Good for around 680-690 HP
Ray

Good for hi 10's for sure. My stock head, stock cam T has gone 121+ with one, with lots more left...

:D

TE45a

You will need more injector for sure, otherwise to rest of your combo looks good. In case your not familiar with Chevota, he has gone 10.17 I think? @ 130 with an un-opened motor. But it was in a toyota truck, a weeee bit lighter.

Ray

I noticed V8Killer has a CAS V4, is an intercooler upgrade necessary with the TE63, or can that be run well with a stock/stock-stretch?

Re: Te45a

Originally posted by Raymond Bunch
Just Joking,

Yeah, with your current set up, a TE-63 would do her justice nicely.

Some info it - 63mm comp wheel
950 CFM
Good for around 680-690 HP
Ray

What do you think my times would be with that turbo with my combo?
LOw number?
High number?

Times are always relevant to traction. Tho MPH will show the power being made. The TE60 you have is just fine for low 11.s get some more traction and you will see. 1.9 60' isnt so good.
Personally I use the new PT67 on a internally stock motor including the cam. Using bolt ons only. With a boost controller I have nearly 0 lag, running 25# boost on slicks w/t a 1.5x 60' I run 11.0s @ 122. Running 30# boost w/t a 1.5x 60' the car runs 10.70s @ 125. I dont practice this often because its not good on the motor. 11's are enough for me.

I've got a 70BB with stock heads and cam.
No time yet just got it together this winter.

Chad

Back