You can type here any text you want

Billet steel crank

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maverick

I have a question on my stage II Billet steel crank...... it has a stroke of 3.625 and it has been "knife edged". My question being is that, with the crank being knife edged do any of you think it will "weaken" the strength of the crank? I have never seen anyone else talk of a knife edged crank, but it sure makes a MAJOR difference in the throttle response of the motor. Just thought I'd throw this one out there...:eek:

Knife edging (to the best of my knowledge) refers to the bottom edge of the counterweight. That part of the crank is not an area that receives the loading.

Knife edging is done to reduce windage and to make the crank spin thru the air/oil better and shed the oil quicker. Unless you are trying to wring out every last bit of power out of your engine, I question the value in knife edging. Yes, there is power to be gained, but how much ? 5-6 HP??

DR

Knife this!

Hey, Mav! W/ your "6 figure income", I think you'd be better off to donate this crank to one of us"poorer folks" and buy a new billet piece..:p :p
And while you are at it, send Steve his MAF back!!;) ;)

I say if you turn the boost knob up 1/4 pound its the same gain as knife edging a crank.;) ;)

Back