Billet Tensioner

Are you guys putting yours on right away or waiting till the stock tensioner fails? Just curious as I was up in the air.... lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I will be doing some AC work (new lines) here soon and will do it all at once.

I think I'm going to replace mine as soon as it comes in…. i have probably close to 180,000 miles on my stocker…..

Mine's going on right away! I didn't pay this much to leave it in a box!!
I've very impressed with the construction. Thanks for making this happen.

I'm putting it on immediately and selling the stocker. I'm only about 20 minutes from the manufacturer so I have support on hand if anything were to happen, which I doubt will. Then I'll be selling the stock tensioner.

How will warranty claims be handled. Will info come with tensioner?

Will torque straps void warranty? :barefoot:

If people are still on torque straps, I feel bad for them (get an h&r mount, or buy a new stock mount).

Unless you got a lot of power in that little 6 :p:D

Mines going on right away, haven't touched the car for over a month so something to do. Stocker will go on the shelf. Will be swapping out the pulley though.

If people are still on torque straps, I feel bad for them (get an h&r mount, or buy a new stock mount).

Unless you got a lot of power in that little 6 :p:D

Lol,
I only asked about the straps because I see pic posted with them still installed!

I was serious about the warranty info.

There is no warranty info in the box. I have the list of purchases and servicing can be done through me.

There is no warranty info in the box. I have the list of purchases and servicing can be done through me.

God forbid you kick the bucket next week. How is the lifetime warranty still effective? That was the biggest selling point for me. Just want to know. Not being a a***

Warranty is for original purchaser for stock or high horsepower applications.
But we'll we also have to hope the company owner does not kick the bucket either. It's pretty much a one man show with two helpers who speak little English.
So in reality I guess it's a 15- 20 year warranty.
But 50 years from now any qualified machinist or advanced mechanic could service these since it was made that way.
If you wish not to go through me you can contact Thump RRR racing but he will contact me to verify purchase. If I have an untimely demise your PayPal record is good enough proof.

You can from him or me. $475.+Shipping.

I just had to install it tonight to sleep in peace.

Attachments

• 1405573128269.jpg
    1405573128269.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 122
Is there an operating range indicator on the new tensioner?

Warranty is for original purchaser for stock or high horsepower applications.
But we'll we also have to hope the company owner does not kick the bucket either. It's pretty much a one man show with two helpers who speak little English.
So in reality I guess it's a 15- 20 year warranty.
But 50 years from now any qualified machinist or advanced mechanic could service these since it was made that way.
If you wish not to go through me you can contact Thump RRR racing but he will contact me to verify purchase. If I have an untimely demise your PayPal record is good enough proof.

Steve did I miss something about "stock" or "high horsepower" applications when I ordered...are there 2 different options?

-Scott

No what was implied that the warranty isn't voided for high horse power applications.